The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Requesting help and advice 1G, using 2G motor wiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psychosocia81

Probationary Member
Oct 1, 2010
Panamá, Central_America
Dear members of the Club DSM Tuners forum.

My name is Jose Cuenca, I live and reside in Panama, I know I do not live in your country but I am as big fan and lover of these cars as you and I hope you can help me in this project that I have.

I have a Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 91, I have the engine already installed, I'm restoring the interiors and slowly putting it to work. I have dedicated 5 years to restore this car, I alone, from absolute zero and I am technically in the final stage.

My difficulty and to know if it can be feasible, I am trying to install a 2G wiring of year 96, with ECU BlackBox. I know that one of the first steps is the Crank Sensor converter, the Cam Sensor, I already have the 2G air intake, motor wiring.

They know someone or what are the steps or what is required to buy to be able to start up this engine with 1G sensors, with this 2G wiring ?????? One of the most complicated problems is that in the 1G we use speed cable and in the 2G use speed sensor, I do not know what to do. I will be extremely grateful for any of your comments.

Sincerely,

Jose Cuenca
Owner of Eclipse GSX 1G.
Greetings.

Welcome Jose! Glad you introduced yourself, we have members in Europe too so join the crowd!
I need to ask, WHY are you wanting to change the cars wiring harness? I have the odd duck 90 car's and I have great succes with the original harnesses.
Let us know, and if you haven't, fill out a car profile so we all know exactly what you have so we can all try to help!
Marty

Welcome Jose! Glad you introduced yourself, we have members in Europe too so join the crowd!
I need to ask, WHY are you wanting to change the cars wiring harness? I have the odd duck 90 car's and I have great succes with the original harnesses.
Let us know, and if you haven't, fill out a car profile so we all know exactly what you have so we can all try to help!
Marty

What happens is that the place where I live 1G are very rare. What they do abound are the 2G. Then my original wiring is already very deteriorated and does not perform its function and it is more practical to get a wiring of GSX Second Generation.

I have been told that it can be installed.

Buy the MAF, buy the Crank Sensor converter to CAS, I have the 2G motor wiring, I have the ECU.

I would like to know if someone has tried to do what I want to have a guide.

Keep the 1g speed sensor and wire the signal from the gauge cluster to the ecu. Make a jumper harness to wire in the 1g CAS and another jumper harness from 1g ecu to 2g ecu. Remember to swap the injectors/coils because the signals are inverted in the 95-96 harness when using a 1g CAS.

http://magnusmotorsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/1gina2g.pdf

There's tons of photos of both the 1g and 2g ecu pinouts. Cross reference them and just swap the pins when you make the jumper harness. It's not that hard, it's just a lot of work..

Edit:: .

Scratch the 1g to 2g jumper harness.. forgot your using the 2g harness. That actually makes things much easier for you.

I appreciate the support immensely, as you have no idea. I know I'm not from the same country, but we all have a united taste for these cars, which for some unknown reason, we enjoy a lot.

I also apologize if my English is not entirely good.

However I have seen that it is a lot compilation ajaja. I managed to get a virgin motor wiring from my car, however I do not refuse to use a 2G or Evo computer.

I was seeing that they make a harnes that converts the connectors from 1G to 2G.

I think that for the moment it is the most practical, so I can use the 2G MAF, although I must admit that I made expenses that I now see as unnecessary. But zero regret.

However someone knows where or who makes these converters ???

Yesterday night after several years of refurbishing, connect the battery, the gas pump gave pressure, the coil sparkled and I see that so much time of sweating, bleeding by this car, is already bearing fruit. Seriously, thank you seriously.

Attachments

• IMG_6199.jpg
    IMG_6199.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 96
Hi Jose,

Speaking from experience, the engine bay harness enters the inside of the car and goes to a couple connectors in the passenger kick panel(where their feet are) The connectors are not the same, so some splicing would be required.

My suggestion would be to salvage your 1g harness (maybe replace some of the old connectors). Then make a jumper ecu harness like in your post.
I made one myself for an Evo 8 ECU.

Attachments

• 550668_10151186077265349_1663490489_n.jpg
    550668_10151186077265349_1663490489_n.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 52
Totally agree with adapting the harness for use with your choice of ECU and MAF or Speed Density. I just pulled a complete 2g harness from my sons 97 Spyder and it wasn't bad on the engine bay side, he had the interior side already to push out the passenger side hole and it wasn't hard to do.

Does anyone have a jumper for a 97 fwd gst motor/ecu to a 93 fwd laser 2.0na wiring. Or the components to do so just honestly would take a while and would like asap!
Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back