The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

reputable online jdm motor site?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3slow

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 14, 2008
phoenix, Arizona
Because I cannot find a complete motor in town (phoenix), I am looking into the JDM motor dealers. Does anyone have any experience with these online companies? Where else would you suggest I get a complete 6 bolt? I will probably end up doing a rebuild on it anyway, but I don't want to going around searching for misc. sensors etc.

My plans include big 16g at 22psi, meth injetion, most likely all forged internals. . . being my first dsm, how would all the stock internals hold up to this much boost? Thanks for the help

Give karking.com a call. They are in California so not too far for us. the sell full 6 bolt long blocks and ready to swap 6 bolt long blocks.

What is a good reputable site for ordering used JDM 6 bolts?
heard of places like tiger and osaka but heard some bad/shady stuff about them
anyone have experience with them or know of other sites?

dont go through FNF motors. my boss got a motor from them and it had a bad turbo and the deck was so bad that it could not be resurfaced.

Do NOT use Tiger Japanese. Trust me, you'll be sorry. I got one from them, and as soon as we took the timing cover off to start changing out timing components, we noticed that the BS belt had snapped, gotten stuck in the T-belt, and smashed every single one of the intake valves. Of course, we were doing the swap on a weekend, and there's no one answering their phones on weekends, so I had to buy a used head from one of the guys helping me. Total BS, I'd never deal with them again.

I got mine at Noyan USA. I went up on a Wednesday from Virginia Beach (4-plus hours away) to look at a motor, and bought it at that time, with the understanding I'd come back the following Saturday to pick it up (needed to get a truck). I went to pick the motor up on Saturday and they were closed, despite assurances that they'd be open. Turns out there was an emergency that Saturday and they couldn't come in. I trucked back to Virginia Beach, understandably disappointed. However...

...instead of making me come back up there to get it, they shipped it to me for free.

I can recommend them simply for that act. They're certainly interested in customer satisfaction.

Is there any reason you want a japanese 6 bolt over USDM 6 bolt? There really is no difference, and the japanese one won't run any harder or flow any better, so unless you're unable to find one locally there's really no need to be searching for a JDM one

You might want to read the post "jdm parts" where i ramble on even more about how people have been fooled into thinking JDM is something special

One thing i'll repeat here in case you dont' read it is the fact that even though they say they are only 50k mile motors, those area a hard lived 50k miles of bumper to bumper city traffic being beat from redlight to redlight their whole lives that makes them about equal to a 75-100k mile used US motor where we have highways to let the cars travel at cruising speeds for extended trips or going across town. They are usually worn out and the car is scrapped at 50k because of the hard life it's lived and the price of repairs vs. a new vehicle over there.

Here's the link, please read
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/287115-jdm-parts.html

Is there any reason you want a japanese 6 bolt over USDM 6 bolt? There really is no difference, and the japanese one won't run any harder or flow any better, so unless you're unable to find one locally there's really no need to be searching for a JDM one

You might want to read the post "jdm parts" where i ramble on even more about how people have been fooled into thinking JDM is something special

One thing i'll repeat here in case you dont' read it is the fact that even though they say they are only 50k mile motors, those area a hard lived 50k miles of bumper to bumper city traffic being beat from redlight to redlight their whole lives that makes them about equal to a 75-100k mile used US motor where we have highways to let the cars travel at cruising speeds for extended trips or going across town. They are usually worn out and the car is scrapped at 50k because of the hard life it's lived and the price of repairs vs. a new vehicle over there.

I agree with you about the whole jdm hype. I baught a jdm 6 bolt and wasnt impressed by it nemore than my us 6 bolt. I noticed no difference in performance at all. Other than the valve cover says mitsubishi and the intake manifold is somewhat bigger there is really no difference. A us 6 bolt is just as good as a jdm 6 bolt.:talon:

Not really saying theres anything special, i just thought that was my best bet to get a good used 6 bolt. Is there any sites that sells USDM motors?(Besides eBay or classifieds)

I am leaning towards JDM because I am unable to find a complete 6 bolt in arizona. I just do not want to buy a short block and take all the time to find all of the sensors etc. Would anyone reccomend a shep trans rebuild on the 5 speed that comes with the jdm motor?

I just do not want to buy a short block and take all the time to find all of the sensors etc.

What sensors are you talking about, if you get used JDM motor you will have to pull the cut off sensors on it to install your existing sensors. You can have a forged bottom end built for the same money as the used JDM motor.

A guy called me the night I was going to place an order to get a shit-ass jdm motor. The 6 bolt was pulled from a running car and kept in his garage. Very beautiful for a 17 year old engine. Time for 2.3 stroker!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back