The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

replacing speed sensor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipsemaniac

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 15, 2012
weaverville, North_Carolina
I have 99 eclipse rs. My speedometer quit working so i checked the speed sensor out and it wasn't putting the proper voltage out. I bought a new one and went to replace it, I unplugged it and removed the one screw. I went to pull it out and had to pull hard and a piece came loose from it and fell down in the hole where the speed sensor goes. My question is what was that piece, and if anyone has any idea how to get it out of the transmission? thanks for any suggestions

You shouldn't have to pull very hard to remove the speedometer sensor. You probably broke off the plastic gear on the end of the sensor. Unfortunately there's no easy way to remove it, so you'll have to leave it there unless you pull apart the transmission.

so leave the plastic gear in there and just get another one?

Does anyone know what the gear on the end of a speed sensor for a 99 eclipse rs is called? thanks

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back