The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Replacement harness connectors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decathect

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 5, 2009
Denver, Colorado
This might be a stretch, but I'm prepping a race car and coming across the typical old, brittle and sketchy DSM electrical harness connectors.

Has anyone replaced/crimped new pins and installed new connectors on an engine/chassis harness? Does anyone have sources or part numbers for said connectors? Can you get them from the dealer or do you have to source them by connector type, manufacturer, etc?

I am no good at finding such things, but I'm going through my harnesses and I have a lot of connectors that I simply don't trust. I assume finding another 20+ year old harness would get me connectors in similar condition, so i'm not sure that is the answer.

I'm very competent with crimping, soldering, reading wiring diagrams, etc. Just need to know where to get parts.

Thanks all!

LV-DSM, that is awesome! JNZ is a great company, have gotten tons of my business (all OEM parts orders) and will continue to do so.

Thanks for the other links, luv2rallye. Those should prove helpful.

I ordered from this website www.ohm-racing.com for new cas and O2 connectors. I also ordered this 1g hoses since they saved me the headache of having to buy clamps separate.. like I mentioned on another thread the connector looks high quality and rigid, and I could find it enywhere else, have like 3 years looking for that damn connector. LOL

He also mention something on the e-mail that soon he is gonna have all the connectors for 1ga, 1gb, 2ga, 2gb and probably evos.

Last edited:
I am no good at finding such things, but I'm going through my harnesses and I have a lot of connectors that I simply don't trust. I assume finding another 20+ year old harness would get me connectors in similar condition, so i'm not sure that is the answer.

Don't give up on that. Most of the harness damage is from the heat and chemicals(oil, etc). So if you found one off a low mileage car, you might still find one in good shape. I was looking for a couple harnesses on a 2G just last year, and got some that looked mint. Wires and loom etc all still in very good shape. Granted it is getting tougher to find.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I am also looking to replace a lot of my connectors. Right now I am trying to find the little pins that the wire hooks up to for the ecu. I know they are called pulselock, but I cant seem to find what size they are and where to get these little buggers. Trying to build my own custom harness and am wiring up everything myself

appreciate that, I followed the tyco website before and it led me to a deadend but this time I went through it to mouser and they have them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back