replaced harmonic dampner, now car wont start.

Posted by kyle1jzsupra, Dec 15, 2009

Please Support Jackson Auto Machine
  1. Lou98GSX

Lou98GSX Proven Member

Joined Mar 13, 2004
    Carmel, New York
    If you had a code scanner you could check for any codes cause if it is the crank sensor you would have a code for it .

2. Roland99gsx

Roland99gsx Probationary Member

Joined Feb 16, 2017
    Aberdeen, New Jersey
    See I replaced the battery as well which resets the ecu and in turn the codes as well? The only code I got was for the fuel pressure solenoid which I bypassed.

3. WhiteTalon007

WhiteTalon007 Probationary Member

Joined Feb 15, 2017
    Africa, Alabama
    This thread is from 2009...

gfritz25 likes this.
  4. o0GuitarKid0o

o0GuitarKid0o Proven Member

Joined Dec 12, 2013
    Winnipeg ,MB, MB, Canada
    Nothing wrong with that. Its better than him starting a new thread about the same issue.

Did any of the assecsory belts snap/flyoff?

Just start by assesing the the potential damage

5. WhiteTalon007

WhiteTalon007 Probationary Member

Joined Feb 15, 2017
    Africa, Alabama
    He would be better off starting a new thread imo. He asked if the problem was ever resolved.. The last time the op was active was about 7 years ago..
    I suggest you start a new thread and give more detail like did you replace the harmonic dampener with a new oem or and aftermarket? Did you check to see if the crank sensor was damaged?

6. Roland99gsx

Roland99gsx Probationary Member

Joined Feb 16, 2017
    Aberdeen, New Jersey
    Ok so the harmonic balancer rubber wore off and broke so I had replaced the pulley and the two belts attached. I then go to try to start it and my clutch stuck to the floor. I then bleed my clutch and try to start it and it sounds like it wants to start by going to a few hundred rpm then bogging out. I haven't really gotten to really look over the car but this is also my first project car so I'm not 100% where to start just looking for some guidance