The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello to all :) well yesterday I was removing the sound deadening and took everyone’s opinion and tried the dry ice. Well let me just tell you, it’s not worth a crap and I seriously mean that. Well as I’m there working my azz off trying to remove this unwanted anti race material when my father pulls up in my driveway to say high how’s it going. He spots me trying to remove the sound deadening and starts laughing at me, I say what? What’s so funny old man? He said wait here for a second I’ll be right back. He walks over to his truck then walks back over with a metal scraper and a bernzomatic torch and says watch this. He quickly heats the material up and literally spoons it away like it’s not even there?

I was shocked it worked that easy. He said to me, this is how I do it to all of my Camaro race cars. Boy did he show me up and to think about it I’m usually the one showing him up LOL. It even makes getting it off of the firewall like nothing and any of you guys that have done this knows that the firewall sound deadening is completely different then what’s on the floor. It’s much more durable, thick and more like concrete then sound deadening.

Oh I also tried to use a makita heat gun and it wasn’t no where near as good or fast as the torch. It only took me about forty minutes to remove all of it from the front. Also the torch doesn’t even leave any material behind and if there is any, it’s so brittle you can just flick it off.

Figured i would help some others out trying to do this.

PS another quick tech tip. When trying to remove wiring loom and tape from a harness don’t waste time using a razor blade. Leave that to the boxes you receive from the wonderful vendors on this site. Go to a hobby shop and pick up a pair of curved RC lexan body scissors, it’s makes the job much safer and easier. No more sliced wires yay ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back