The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Remove hub for rear studs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bam22056

Probationary Member
Aug 15, 2014
Newton, New_Hampshire
I have heard a lot of people say you absolutely need to remove the rear hub assembly to get the studs out on an AWD, but I live right on the New England coast, and those things are gonna come out in multiple pieces if I have to take them out. Can you just remove the e-brake shoes and hardware and get studs through there or am I gonna have to invest in new rear hubs?

I'm gonna be putting some extended studs in for some 8mm spacers i got to correct the offset of some new rims

There should be one or two spots where you can get them out. There's usually a hole which you can rotate to and push then thru. I would imagine taking the ebrake stuff off would give you the room you need. Been a long time since I had to change on a gsx. I would soak all you can with pb blaster now just incase you have to take off.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back