The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Removable steering wheel legal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David199619

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 19, 2012
East Bangor, Pennsylvania
Are removeable steeing wheels legal considering there is an air bag in the OEM steering wheel? If so, which would you recommend? I want the removeable steering wheel because that is basically the ultimate theft deterrent, and I am short so my seat is really moved up and it is hard to get in with the steering wheel.

I would recommend keeping the factory air bag unless you plan on going to a full on harness. As for theft determent, a fuel pump rewire with a switch at the relay is a good idea. Not only does it improve voltage at the pump, but also disables the pump if switched off.

It is legal to change it. And I agree aabout the theft part ! Also if if it's something you want to do just because you like it then I say go for it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back