The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Remote Tuning & Troubleshooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dacowgod

Supporting Vendor
Feb 3, 2006
Morgantown, West_Virginia
My name is Ricky Nichols. I offer Remote Tuning & Troubleshooting service to the DSM Community. I was the first person to offer this service on this forum and have tuned hundreds of cars with many satisified customers.

Are you having trouble getting your car to run properly, or think it just has more potential? Have any question regarding what you should do next, or if a part will match your setup. Ask me anything!

I've been tuning DSMs for almost 10 years and have had many great successes.. Just check my Feedback. : http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=63101!.

I built the engine and tune TalonDave's 8 Second Talon on an HX40.... I am no stranger to what it takes to make these cars FAST!

I specialize in ECMLink V3, and DSMLink V2 remotely however can be convinced to help with just about any ECU configuration out there.

I do not only tune DSMs.. I build them from the ground up.. I've been around long enough to know what works and what doesnt.... Need an engine built??? Dont hesitate! I have built and shipped mild to race engines all over the country! ..

Are you a do it yourselfer and like to be part of the action? Want to learn? .. I have no secrets... I will gladly answer any question you may have along the way as to what to do and why to do it... If for some reason I do not know the answer.. I will do my very best to find it, and am 100% honest about anything I do.. This is not my career..just my passion .. so I try to share any information I can.

I am also inclined to travel just about anywhere to help somebody out.. Several times I've met people that needed help IN PERSON even a thousand or more miles away from me. I have literally packed up MY DSM with tools and parts, and drove 12 hours 1 way, to help a fellow DSMer from this site tear his engine out, rebuild it, and get it back in his car in time to race at an event that was 3 days away!.. I even entered my DSM and raced with him and then drove it home..

Pricing varies depending on the overall situation/time spent.

PM if you're interested more in my services. I can assess your situation, and we can make your car run like it never has before!

Prerequisites for tuning

1. Do a proper boost leak test. Pump the system up to at least 5 psi MORE than you plan on running.. it should leak down very slowly and steadily to zero... ..If it drops quickly initially and slows down it signifies a boost leak at the higher pressure and should be resolved.

2. Verify base timing is set to -5 degrees TDC. This needs to be done with a timing light, and the timing connector grounded .. This does not usually apply to you guys using a 2g CAS as base timing is not manually adjustable w/o adjusting the entire map.

3. Your car should be HEALTHY, Check for turbo shaft play, check compression,verify the plugs and wires are good, verify your plug gaps are set correctly etc. before we start..

All of these things are VERY important when tuning a car...If you have all of this resolved before we start tuning then your bill will be smaller since I spend less of my time telling you to do this later ;-)..

when i get ready to tune my i will be calling you-i have spoken to this guy and from the very first time i called he was very informative and very pleasnt to deal with so i will not hesitate to use his services when the time comes

Ricky is the man!! He built my engine two years ago, when my original 7 bolts hit 250k. My new engine now has 35k miles on it and I runs like the day I got it back from Ricky. He tuned it to 25psi on a E3 16g and the car pulls like a freight train. I highly recommend Ricky to any dsm enthusiast. It's hard to find a good mechanic that knows the car inside and out like Ricky.

have no problem with the mechanics- ihave been a heavy eqp mech for well over a decade--just need to know if he can do aem tuning out of curiousity
Replies to this ad do not notify me that you sent something.. best bet is to send me a PM if you are interested in service.

I can tune AEM in house but I don't typically offer that remotely ... It takes more time and requires the end user to have a more indepth skillset than ECMLink so I have refrained from doing much more remotely than DSM/ECMLInk

I know this is very general, but I just want to know typically how much is the minimum I will spend on a tune, I might be driving to a shop at the end of the month.. I just want a basic idea of I know will at LEAST have to pay.. Again I know this varies with cars but I just want to know what the general amount of money I need to save up before I go..$100? $200? $500? $1000?? Or $0.99? Any help or recommendations will be welcomed, if anyone is willing to come to davenport Iowa to tune my car for a cheap price...LOL

Any chance you also remote-tune ECUFlash (Ceddy Mods in particular)? Will be upgrading turbo, injectors, and going SD next month and could use somebody with DSM tuning experience.

Any chance you also remote-tune ECUFlash (Ceddy Mods in particular)? Will be upgrading turbo, injectors, and going SD next month and could use somebody with DSM tuning experience.

In the past I have refrained from doing so... in the future I may accept these again .. however it would be with the condition that we can do a teamviewer session and I can have control of the computer on your side... This will most likely require you to adjust to my schedule as I have limited time that I can spend tuning remotely.

I don't think I would "trade Logs" if you will as I do with so many ECMLink tunes... that relies heavily on you having a working knowledge of the software.. and if you make a mistake you can cause serious problems and it becomes more of a hassle if you dont have a good understanding of what you are doing on your end.

I'd like to repeat... that I do not get alerted when somebody replies to this message... if you want my attention send me a PM or at least tag me in your reply .

Teamviewer is very handy when doing remotes, it is very handy for the tuner!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back