The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Street Build Rehabilitation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian9397gsx

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 28, 2008
sioux city, Iowa
Well a little intro, I bought my 93 eclipse about 15 yrs ago. At the time it was my first big purchase. I don't have any pictures from then but let's just say I performed some questionable mods at the time and learned the hard way. First the car came with a 6 bolt motor which was good unfortunately the car was extremely hacked together. I will admit I didn't help that out at all.
My first mods were a supra side mount along with upper and lower pipes. It worked but I'll be honest it was more hassle than it was worth.
The timing belt failed due to it not having a timing cover when it bought it and the alternator belt flying off and getting caught up in the gears. It was a rough start.
I don't think I'll document all of that, that built up to my current situation I'll just focus on where I'm at now.

Currently the car is in a full rebuild. I like building cars it's what I do full time now. So now I have the means and knowledge that I didn't have 15yrs ago so it's time to get it right.
9746.jpeg
9746.jpeg
9740.jpeg

This is how it sat up until 2 yrs ago when deconstruction began. It has v3 full link a 20g 2g head with rvr intake. Gsc s2 cams Manley springs and retainers. 255lph 750cc. Among other things. This is some shots of the engine bay. Mostly cleaned up all the wholes I didn't want smoothed everything up. Just cleaned up the mess more or less
9745.jpeg
9747.jpeg
20170121_142738.jpg
20170121_142741.jpg
20170207_213826.jpg
9745.jpeg
9745.jpeg
9747.jpeg

I'm sorry that they are out of order I'm doing this on my phone so I'm getting used to that. Anyways I had a hard time picking out a paint color. I originally wanted focus stealth gray so I bought a quart to do my engine bay in. This is my first attempt at painting with anything other than a rattle can. I didn't want over spray everywhere so I built a booth in my garage.
20170207_213818.jpg
20170208_181729.jpg
20170212_192918.jpg
20170215_002056.jpg
20170214_225219.jpg
20170215_002133.jpg

Nice I'm getting another 91 and I'm starting in the bay clean her all up depoweer steering rack . Make her nice and clean .

So this is my underhood harness. I used a bussman fuse block and mini iso fuses and relays. I retained power seat belts and windows. I also moved 2 ignition power feeds that are in the engine harness to this harness that I will later tie in once I go inside the car.

I highly recommend the bussman block, this job took alot of time as everyone who has done this knows but I'm extremely happy how it turned out.
I used tech flex wrap and everything is properly crimped with noninsulated butt splices with a dab of solder which isn't necessary but I like the idea of it and I used adhesive lined shrink tubing. Then terminated the ends of the tech flex with shrink tubing to make it look nice. Also used fiber harness tape.
The fuse block is mounted on hdpe I believe plastic that I bent up in my sheet metal brake and a heat gun.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back