The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Red Eclipse, which rims??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm a fan of gold rims on red cars. Here's a nice example I found online.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Black wheels are played out. I think white, silver, or bronze would look great. (I have silver on a red)

I think blak rims on red 2gs are ugly. I like the silver/brushed aluminum look.

I'm with this guy. Everyone and their mother have knock-offs in black. Get creative.

I'm with this guy. Everyone and their mother have knock-offs in black. Get creative.

I'm with both of you :hellyeah:

I had gunmetal grey 6-spoke rims on my previous red 2G and got a ton of compliments. Best color rims for red IMO. Black looks bad to me. Would rather see regular silver/grey alloy than black.

Black rims just don't look as good as the grey/silver rims on a red 2g.

Attachments

• IMG_20111113_141148.jpg
    IMG_20111113_141148.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 106
IMO red car and white wheels is so nice!!!!! A couple of pics from google...

This is not a Eclipse, is a Evo 6 but is so hot!!!

Black, silver, or gold rims look good on red Eclipse. Even red rims will look good too. Try the five spoke silver rims.

Last edited:
The white wheels, IMO, look way out of place. The only rims that look good with red DSMs are gunmetal or some dark bronze ones.

White wheels for sure[/Q] It really depends on the person really. I used to own a 2002 Stratus SE 2 Door, but when it came to rims for it, I asked for advice on some thing that would look really good. When I went to purchase rims, everything that anyone had suggested to me went out the window. I just bought some black rims from Discount.

I painted mine black with a red lip, and after seeing this I'm gonna re-do them later in either gold or bronze. Those gold ones look sick!

I'd have to disagree with all the comments regarding black rims, I think they look good if you do it right but to each there own.

these are ADR competition 7 rims. I had them on my first eclipse and got TONS of compliments.

bronze or gold rpf1s!!!!!!! Stop going to sears and looking and there specials and painting them black!

iron man theme all the way! red car gold wheels shiny black tires.

idk about these comments LOL, id say blk with red lip. or all blk, wouldn't go white or chrome.

I have always been a sucker for white on red.

For my red 1g I'm going to get a set of Drag DR-31's in 18x8 +35 in white. They will look awesome.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back