The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Rear Sway Bar

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anyone know the part number or the thread type of the bolts for the rear sway bar brackets?

Thanks knochgoon24.

Can anyone provide maybe a link to where I could pick up a 2" long version of the bolts needed for the brackets? I made some spacers out of aircraft grade aluminium at work and just trying to see if someone can make my life a little easier before I "trial and error" the bolts this weekend.

This is a good upgrade but say if a FWD upgraded the rear to a 22mm after market using the 3g suspension, Would upgrading the front sway bar be advised? or should I keep it stock so I get the most out of the turning of the car?

The 19mm sway bar and control arms are installed on the car. Haven't gotten a chance to drive it around as the car is still out of commission (did a head gasket job, along with a timing job and she's not running right yet).

Will let you guys know and post pictures of the rear end and all of its glory pretty shortly.

All I can say is... WOW! This rear bar has completely transformed my car. It feels soo much more stable and in control and there is no more of that insane body roll!!! Defiantly a must to add this to your "to-do" list if you haven't done this already!!!

Alright I don't know who to ask so I thought maybe one of the previous posters can help me.

Ok I am going to the yard to pull a rear sway bar conversion for my RS. ( half off junkyard sale FTW! )
Picture of what I shall be grabbing. http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/4/9/4/8/1/3/webimg/267185031_o.jpg

I looked online and saw they added a few 8g Galant's to the junkyard. HERE IS WHERE MY QUESTION COMES IN!

RSBC = short for the conversion...

If I want to take the RSBC from a Galant would I only take the lower arms the bar bolt on items etc... ( like the picture )

Or would I need more then that to make it compatible with the 2g Eclipses?

If I need more to make it compatible, then I might just go with 2g OEM set up... Trying to go to the yard this Monday if anyone can give me information on this!

Ok, Ill just pull an OEM one from a GS GST GSX TSI ESI ...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back