The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Rear quarter windows.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimsgsx

Proven Member
Oct 21, 2013
toppenish, Washington
Has anyone ever completely removed the rear quarter windows and replaced them withsomething else. Like a molded body piece or something like that. I was thinking of that possibility and could not find anything about it. I am not going to do that to my car but it does sound kind of interesting with alot of cool possibilities.

A lot of possibilities here. Some cars use that area for air ducts to the rear brakes. But it would be cool to see it with a metal piece welded and painted to match the car in there. I don't know how it would look with the trim being there and if you would remove that or leave it in. Makes you wonder why no one ever made side scoops for the eclipse like they do for the mustangs.

That is my game plan at the moment, before I paint the car I will be welding in some scoops as you most commonly see on the mustangs.

Jayson

Attachments

• DSCN0817.JPG
    DSCN0817.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 278
  • DSCN0818.JPG
    DSCN0818.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 181
Me and my dad have dome something similar to what your trying to do and in my opinion it's unique no one will have it And go for it just make sure to do it right or else ,water leakage!

Some louvers might look nice back there ...:ohdamn: dang you guys always giving me more less essential ideas for my eventual build LOL.

Well other lightweight materials would help reduce weight a bit back there, vs having the heavy glass, but this would be assuming the materials are able to be pressed in, much like the oem rear glass, you could always go back to the stock appearance, if it does not work out for you...

I like the look of the windows. But would be interested to see how this turns out.

Cabon fiber would look better. I've seen a few turn them into vents. Functional or not, i have no idea, but they did look neat. All depends on what kind of look you're going for with your car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back