The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Real Modifications...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyderdrifter

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 11, 2009
Somewhere in, Colorado
So I've been wanting to see real, unique headlight/ taillight modifications for a long time. All I ever see are the after market replacement parts, but never really anything someone did for unique styling. So, please post pictures of what you've done to your lights. In advance, I offer pictures of mine, although my tail lights are still not finished, this is basicaly what they will be in the end after I add a few more parts....:dsm:

:hellyeah:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

i like it make me some headlights and taillights:thumb:

and its not rice people are gonna hate

Ya I asked for some hologens and angel eye devel eye style lights and I got called rice...those lights look cleaner, more up to date, and brighter.

Tutorial on how to? I wanna do it this winter while my car is garaged. What do I need

Is that LED lights in the head light housing? Will they end up blinding people?
Those tail lights look awesome. Going down the road people won't know what it is!
Will the rear lights be functional? Or are they always on?

That 2nd pic makes it look like a DB9.
Awesome.

OMG I would pay any price for those lights.

I cant wait to go to the in and out meet and see daves lights.

WOW...!! That was more feedback than I was expecting, but I love it. Thanks for all the props. I'll try to answer all the questions here at the same time.

Yes, those are LEDs in the headlights (thanks to Audi for the inspiration). As for blinding people, the last version I did on my previous DSM (vr2) were bright, but angled different and wasn't a problem to other drivers. This version (vr3) is made by the same people but have a differnt angle than vr2. However the car has been garaged for upgrades since I did the vr3 upgrade so I don't know how much different they'll be. I do know they are brighter than vr2 because of the new angle.

The tail lights ARE fully functional. This pic is of the running lights. Turn signals, hazards, and brake lights are yet to be rewired the way I want them to be. Hopefully they'll be finished by the time I finish upgrading the engine this spring.

If I get called rice, it'll be because I thought of something to be different and it causes jelousy. I love my lights and they can continue hating.

Aside from buying the stock 2GB head lights and getting the tail lights from a friend, my lights are 100% custom made and wired by me alone. A friend did a similar mod to his tiburon making his own halos and showed me how to do it. If any of you are really serious about doing it to your own lights, just send me a PM. I don't want to advertize my methods.

I wouldn't see why people would call it ri(e, its a great idea. It's not extreme or off the wall in any way. The tail lights are functional so it has a purpose. I really like the tail lights.

When I get a chance I think I'm going to try the retrofit HID head lights. It's not top priority but it's something that I would like to do.

Those look pretty sick man! You'll def be getting a PM from me haha.

I actually don't mind the tails, I hate LEDs in headlights though.. Good work either way.

So I've been wanting to see real, unique headlight/ taillight modifications for a long time. All I ever see are the after market replacement parts, but never really anything someone did for unique styling. So, please post pictures of what you've done to your lights. In advance, I offer pictures of mine, although my tail lights are still not finished, this is basicaly what they will be in the end after I add a few more parts....:dsm:

Do you have a daylight photo of the tail lights?

Very impressive. I'll keep a look out for those lights next time I drive through the Springs.

Now for the 1Gs.....

Well, you won't see it around until late February, early March. That's the time goal to get my upgrades completed.

As for 1Gs...., i'd be happy to come up with a design for the front and rear lights. I've never owned a 1G, but I do like them.

That looks badass man. Are you going to make some to sell?

I do want to make some to sell. I've received a couple requests already here on the forum as well as co-workers (non-DSM owners) wanting it done to their vehicles too. I haven't told anyone how I did it and I'm in the process of doing the mod to a friend's '02 civic (even though I hate hondas). I think for now, if I started up selling them, i'd only charge $50 for the labor plus the cost of shipping both ways and cost of the LEDs and wiring. I think that'd be fair for starting out.

Do you have a daylight photo of the tail lights?

I do have a couple pics of the tail lights out in the light, but they're not all that great. They're not even installed at the moment cause I broke the lens on both when I took them apart. I need to re-wire sections of them anyway and get new lens before I put them back on.

I do have a couple pics of the tail lights out in the light, but they're not all that great. They're not even installed at the moment cause I broke the lens on both when I took them apart. I need to re-wire sections of them anyway and get new lens before I put them back on.

Lol I just wanna see how you got the led to stay in place. How are they for night driving?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back