The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

RC 550 injector

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Those are good but i would get some 650s thats just me if you could how are you going to tune them, nice to have a wideband, a safc, a logger, something to monitor whats going on if your upgrading, your fuel, and pushing 20 psi again thats just me.

im running dsmlink v3 full version. i have it tuned right now for 14psi on my 14b. i have a aem wideband. as far as fuel im running an evo9 fuel pump rewired and a -6an fuel feedline upgraded. and i have a fuel pressure gauge installed on my fuel rail to monitor the fuel pressure.

i guess i can just try it on the 550 and see how it does. how much IDC is safe to run before upgrading to a bigger injector?

Good the link is great, i would read more on the 550s and your set up, and go from there, have you read some of the forums on link, and idcs. Throw them on there you have link so its a matter of playing around and see how it works out, i cant see a problem link allows you see whats going on and how to make adjustments.

i already have the 550's installed and tuned out with link. i was just wondering if they would still be enough to run about 20psi on a 16g or would i have to upgrade. im still on stock block.

ive heard that try not to go over 80% on the IDC but just wanted to confirm

I wouldn't get too worried until I started seeing around 90% IDC on a datalog. Being in the warm Texas climate, you should be okay for a while with your 16G. However, at 20psi, you might be getting fairly close to 90%. Datalog first, then upgrade if you see 90% on a pull.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh okay awesome. so keep the IDC's between 80-90% and i should be good?u think the evo9 fuel pump rewired that i have should be plenty for 20psi? i didnt wanna get a 255 ### of the overruning on the fpr and i dont have a aftermaket fpr.

so after doing some logs. im flowing 37 lbs/min on the evoIII 16g at 16psi with my IDC of 92% so i am about to max out this rc550's so im upgrading. dnt know wether 650's will do it or just go with 750's to have more room

Bump up your base fuel pressure. Lucas/RC injectors are rated at 50psi so 550's are not really more potent than our stock 450's at the stock fuel pressures.

Proof of this is 90+% duty cycles at 16psi....our stock injectors would do the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
so after doing some logs. im flowing 37 lbs/min on the evoIII 16g at 16psi with my IDC of 92% so i am about to max out this rc550's so im upgrading. dnt know wether 650's will do it or just go with 750's to have more room

If you have the ability to tune in any injectors with Link, I would go big, 1000cc or more.

Here is a link with a table to allow you to figure out what injectors you need to run. I think the evo 16 maxes out around 42lbs.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-tuning-ecu/366003-injector-fuel-pump-supported-airflow.html

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back