The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Rare G cams..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

got the real ones as well...

just put them in as is.

of course, on an NA engine.

I actually got them by accident. Thought they looked different and started mic'ing them, then Google . Are yours in a car ?

sounds a lot like how i got mine. went through a huge bin, where a whole bunch of them with a micrometer, saw that the G cams had a significant amount of lift. i am waiting on the connector kit to come in the mail (if it hasnt already) so i can finish the semi tuck and get this thing fired up. the end of september/ beginning of october it should be on the road (break in) i have come across a lot of rare stuff over the past few years, and putting it all together on this car. so, no i havent ran them on a car yet, but yes they will be ran very soon!

Yes there are two G cams: the euro and us, same timing just different lift. Euro have 10mm/9.5mm while the us have 9.3mm/8.5mm so the actual duration at 0.050" are different between the two. I have a spec sheet for the galant gs cams.

Attachments

• 585I.docx
    471.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 585E.docx
    492 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I plan to see how they do on a turbo engine, I know people have done it with good results. Just wasn't sure if they adjusted the gears or or just installed them as is LOL

may 'behave' similar the JDM Evo7, 8 cams, having the same lift.

not sure of the duration, though...

welp, no word yet... worked on the harness tuck, still have some work to do. hopefully in the next 2 weeks i will get it fired up and in the break in process.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back