The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

RaceCapture/Pro Multi-Display Demo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSiAWD666

Supporting Vendor
Aug 15, 2003
Herndon, Virginia
Hey folks, I put together a video demonstration about my use of the multi-display feature of the RaceCapture/Pro Mk3 datalogger/telemetry system I recently installed in my Time Attack 99 GSX. I thought there might be a few of you interested in learning about this entry level, yet extremely powerful, system and am sharing the video with everyone:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Please do feel free to ask any questions about the system you may have. Hopefully it's interesting!

Also, if anyone is interested in these systems, I can provide a great deal to one person on a RaceCapture/Pro mk2 plus bluetooth (the prior version that supports one display, otherwise pretty much equal to most people). I'd want this to go to someone who will actually make use of it so PM with what you're doing and we can talk. I also have a mk1 which is still about as performant, but if you wanted display support you'd need to foot the bill for the add-on (probably like $25).

Whoa. That's super cool. How is it picking up sensor data? Bluetooth sensors? How does that all work? If it's in the video I apologize for asking about it. I didn't hear it mentioned.

Whoa. That's super cool. How is it picking up sensor data? Bluetooth sensors? How does that all work? If it's in the video I apologize for asking about it. I didn't hear it mentioned.

There are three ways you can add sensors to the system:
- Direct wiring. 8 analog 0-5V inputs, 4 RPM or frequency inputs, and 3 general purpose I/O ports for low speed inputs or controlling outputs up to 1A
- CAN Bus. While our cars don't have this inherently, it does mean you create a CAN setup with modern sensors giving you huge expandability to the system well beyond direct wiring.
- OBD-2. An OBD-2 adapter is available that connects to the OBD-2 port then pulls data from it to feed back to the RaceCapture via the CAN bus.

Yeah I didn't mention this in the video because I was more going over the multi-display stuff. Heck it's a long video, easy to not watch all of it or zone out :D I'm not sure how I had so much to say, when I started it I thought I'd talk maybe 2-3 minutes tops haha.

There are three ways you can add sensors to the system:
- Direct wiring. 8 analog 0-5V inputs, 4 RPM or frequency inputs, and 3 general purpose I/O ports for low speed inputs or controlling outputs up to 1A
- CAN Bus. While our cars don't have this inherently, it does mean you create a CAN setup with modern sensors giving you huge expandability to the system well beyond direct wiring.
- OBD-2. An OBD-2 adapter is available that connects to the OBD-2 port then pulls data from it to feed back to the RaceCapture via the CAN bus.

Yeah I didn't mention this in the video because I was more going over the multi-display stuff. Heck it's a long video, easy to not watch all of it or zone out :D I'm not sure how I had so much to say, when I started it I thought I'd talk maybe 2-3 minutes tops haha.

Hell. I was riveted once all the stuff started moving and there was swiping and other stuff. Very interesting indeed. Someday when I can do something like this I will. Thanks for giving those of us just starting out Time Trialing something to aspire to!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back