The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

2G quiet muffler

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joemamma

Proven Member
Jan 26, 2017
williston, North_Dakota
I am curious as to if anyone here has used a Verex muffler and what are their thoughts.

I really want quieter exhaust most of the time so it is not annoying to me i have seen and tried differ one and they seem all the same once a little of throttle is given.

I have an ebay exhaust, it was too loud I added an extra resonator and it put the sound exactly where I needed it to be for the ease of the neighborhood when leaving in the morning. Now here's the kicker I have a 3" cutout for racing:D

yea i have been looking at both the magnaflow with the resonator or i could just get the verex-but totally unsure on how it is thats why i have been waiting to see if someone on here has one and can answer
Gotcha. here's how mine sound.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

sweet car keltalon- mine is ok at idle and cruising but give it any throttle and i cant stand the sound
i read the article already but is 8 years old-alot happens in 8 years and wanted to see if any new info has developed on it

I am curious as to if anyone here has used a Verex muffler and what are their thoughts.

I really want quieter exhaust most of the time so it is not annoying to me i have seen and tried differ one and they seem all the same once a little of throttle is given.

I'm running a Varex 3"in/ 3"single out with a full 3" turbo back exhaust. I also run a resonator with a 24" body.

In my build log I wrote a small post on how resonators affect the tone and loudness of your exhaust along with a little blurb on the Varex. See the link below....my exhaust install starts on post #7 on pg 7. Just under pic 4 (which is a pic of the Varex) describes how resonators affect exhaust sound.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/es...-project-warface.434084/page-7#post-153643785

I love the Varex. Easy install and it uses a FOB on your keychain to open/close it so only need to run a power wire and ground to the muffler. With it closed its VERY quiet....as quiet as the full stock exhaust (which had a cat/resonator/muffler). The only downfall is that its restrictive when in boost and mid to high RPM. You can literally hear the exhaust gasses rushing and forcing their way through the muff when boosting hard....so if you are pounding on it I open the Varex. Which it the whole point right? Closed and quiet...open it to bag on it. With it open it sounds good too but my large 24" resonator is doing a lot of the heavy lifting sound wise so I dunno what its like without a resonator or if you are just dropping the Varex in the stock exhuast.

Either way the Varex is suuuuper quiet closed.

thanks but if I was gonna use a resonator i would just go with a magnaflow and save a couple bucks, excellent write up though.
I am liking the verex more though after reading your article

thanks but if I was gonna use a resonator i would just go with a magnaflow and save a couple bucks, excellent write up though.
I am liking the verex more though after reading your article

To each there own for sure. :)

The walker resonator was cheap for me tho....it was about $150CAD from bumper to bumper.

I'd recommend reading other members posts on here about removing the resonator tho....lots of guys put it back on after a while. It makes a huge difference in loudness and tone.

i never said i was gonna remove the resonator-i said i was going to add one and a magnaflow if i dont go with the verex

i bought the car with an exhaust already done on it and it does not have a resonator though

i may use the verex and if not quiet enough add a resonator like u did

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Resonated-Resonator-Fit-95-96-97-98-99-Eclipse-1995-1998-Talon-2-0L-Turbo-4G63T-/232253009997?fits=Model:Eclipse&hash=item36135bb04d:g:1t8AAOSwWxNYsgHb&vxp=mtr

i don't like cut outs, just more crap to mess with. it is actually easy to build a low cost, high flow, quiet exhaust. i swear those fart cans people put on were designed to actually make a car louder than just a straight pipe. It's just pipes brah. or Keep It Simple Stu. whatever you prefer.

note: that link was a 2g version but there is a similar one for 1g also.

it is like a cutout, it is just in the muffler. it is either chambered or open depending on the electronic restricter. but why not have an open exhaust that is quiet 100% of the time, for 1/4 of the cost of just that muffler?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back