The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Quick 6 Bolt question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JadeDrgnShinobi

Probationary Member
Jun 6, 2004
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Hey all,
Long time Lurker, but very infrequent poster with a couple of questions.
I am swapping a 6 bolt in to my 3000GT. And im curious about accessory info. A friend of mine has a ton of 7 bolt parts that hes willing to get to me cheap, but I need to know if they fit my 6 bolt block. He isn't sure either.
Will the:

7Bolt PS pump bracket bolt up to the 6 bolt block?
7 bolt alternator bracket bolt up to the 6 bolt block?

You’re going to have to use a 7-bolt timing bracket for Eric’s mounts. Follow the 6-bolt in a 2g instructions on how to modify that bracket to fit.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/magnus-1g-6-bolt-4g63t-engine-swap-into-a-2g-dsm-how-to.517363/

You can also use a 1g Dsm power steering pressure line. You have to remove the 3s line, take the bracket off the hard line, loosen it where it goes into the rack, and flip it over to the drivers side bending it a little too. At that point I’ll mount right up to the 1g Dsm line.

Hey all,
Long time Lurker, but very infrequent poster with a couple of questions.
I am swapping a 6 bolt in to my 3000GT. And im curious about accessory info. A friend of mine has a ton of 7 bolt parts that hes willing to get to me cheap, but I need to know if they fit my 6 bolt block. He isn't sure either.
Will the:

7Bolt PS pump bracket bolt up to the 6 bolt block?
7 bolt alternator bracket bolt up to the 6 bolt block?

Wait a sec... 3000GT or DSM?

Wow never would have even thought someone would do it nice. I’m guessing ppl do the swap with the Na mostly
The guy that makes the mounts swapped his Vr4 and ran 9.6’s. There are currently a a few other swaps that are straight gutted race cars in tt awd chassis.

The red one in the pic was a fwd dr650 car I put together for a guy in az. He then brought it back a couple years later and I 4g swapped it for him. Totally gutted car with a stock 6-bolt and bolt on 3076 running e85.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back