The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Question about load in ECUFlash/EvoScan

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gst_Jake99

Proven Member
May 3, 2016
South Mills, North_Carolina
When logging in EvoScan, Airflow/Rev load reads up to 200 and stops. When using 2Byte MUT load, it seems to be logging fine upwards of 220. What causes this flatline and is there anything to do to fix it, short of only logging 2byte load?

Also, I have 750cc FIC injectors and a Walbro 255 fuel pump but in order to get A/F and fuel trims right, my Scaling is at 586. What gives? Latency is as follows
4.69V 3.555ms
7.03V 1.290ms
9.38V 1.155ms
11.72V 1.095ms
14.06V 1.095ms
16.41V 0.900ms
18.68V 0.600ms

Thanks, Jake

(EDIT) Scaling is set to InjectorScalingDSM, not InjectorScalingEVO

I know this is a delayed response, but I'm having the same issue, but I have 850cc FIC and I'm running 706CC scaled and about to lower down to 675 as I'm still 4 percent off in my logs. Did you ever figure out why the scaling is so off? I've been racking my brain for weeks...

I know this is a delayed response, but I'm having the same issue, but I have 850cc FIC and I'm running 706CC scaled and about to lower down to 675 as I'm still 4 percent off in my logs. Did you ever figure out why the scaling is so off? I've been racking my brain for weeks...

Unfortunately, I never figured out what was causing the scaling to be so far off. I have had great AFRs ever since posting and haven't noticed any drivability or idle issues. Because it's just software talking to hardware and hasn't caused any issues, I haven't stressed over diagnosing the cause. It's reassuring to know I'm not on my own with the issue though! Thanks for the reply.

As long as your IDCs are reasonable for the amount of airflow and fueling you have I wouldn't be super worried about the supposed scaling number. Once my Airleaks are in check I believe my numbers are gonna get more and more wonky as well.

Yeah I think my issues are deeper than scaling being wrong. I've lowered mine down all the way to 675 cc (for 850's) and while it idles and cruises well trim wise. Any throttle, especially initial throttle. I run lean. And at WOT, I am all over the place, it will hit 9's at times but will also only hit 12's/13's when I'm targeting 11's. Ive tested my injectors, they check out, tested the resistor pack, resistance checks out. Whats worse is the over all difference between target and actual, average about 6 percent off, even when i raise scaling back up. My issues follow along. I'm starting to suspect the ECU itself. All mechanical items are working. Brand new 255 HP Walboro Pump, Aeromotive APR, with a new diaphragm, Checked lines for leaks, jumped my pump and ran it all the way to 80 psi, with the car not running. Vacuum changes the pressure as it should. When the car does hit and HOLD a decent AFR, it pulls hard! But "holding" a decent AFR is the issue I can't figure out...urrrg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back