Question about JB Weld drying time. . .

Posted by 98FWDSM, Jan 15, 2005
Newbie Forum - Beginner/newbie/general DSM modification questions. First mods, how to run 10's when you haven't run 12's yet, any tech question that doesn't fit in another tech forum.

1. 98FWDSM

98FWDSM Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    DSM Profiles:
    , VirginiaUS
    ok, if anyone has been keeping up with my last post then you will know that i have a crack in my valve cover...well i used JB Weld to fix it (hopefully)....anyways i put it on at 6:15 tonight and was wondering if it would be ready for me to drive at 7:45 tomorrow morning...that is 13.5 hours of drying time but the package says "dries fully in 15 hours"....do you all think that i will be ok to drive it at 7:45 if i am really easy on the car (thus keeping the pressure down) or do you all think that i definetly need to wait the 15 hours??? also, it is about 40 degrees out.

2. Defiant

Defiant DSM Wiseman

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    DSM Profiles:
    glorious Galt, California
    If it has a good grip on the surface, it's okay if it's not fully cured. The oil heat will finish it up. It should be fully-skinned. Don't go poking at it, just leave it alone.
  3. luv4turbos

luv4turbos Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    Argos, Indiana
    I let mine cure for 24 hours. Why take the chance.It's only one day. Or you could have to redo it and take 2. Just my $0.02
  4. PaleDSM

PaleDSM Proven Member

Dublin, Pennsylvania
    I have used JB Weld to fix pinhole leaks in welds and stuff and it has held up to pressure in much less curing time than 15 hours. I think you will be fine.
  5. IHeartTurbo

IHeartTurbo Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    Weld, Maine
    Yeah, when I fixed mine, I only waited at the most 2 hours. But that was because I had no choice. It held up fine tho.
  6. defrag010

defrag010 Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    You can usually mix in a little bit more hardener, and it will fullly setup a few hours sooner than usual.. It won't set as quick in the cold, though.
  7. JiveMasterT

JiveMasterT Proven Member

Shrub Oak, New_York
    i used jb weld on my old gauge pod when i broke it :cry: and i let it sit until the following morning before i put it in. just let it sit, its not worth breaking it because you got impatient. 24 hours i believe is what it says on the package...