Question about JB Weld drying time. . .

Posted by 98FWDSM, Jan 15, 2005
Newbie Forum - Beginner DSM modification questions and discussions. Common, repetitive, and general discussions will get dumped here from other tech forums. Unless you're a Probationary member you shouldn't post threads here.

1. 98FWDSM

98FWDSM Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    DSM Profiles:
    , VirginiaUS
    ok, if anyone has been keeping up with my last post then you will know that i have a crack in my valve cover...well i used JB Weld to fix it (hopefully)....anyways i put it on at 6:15 tonight and was wondering if it would be ready for me to drive at 7:45 tomorrow morning...that is 13.5 hours of drying time but the package says "dries fully in 15 hours"....do you all think that i will be ok to drive it at 7:45 if i am really easy on the car (thus keeping the pressure down) or do you all think that i definetly need to wait the 15 hours??? also, it is about 40 degrees out.

2. Defiant

Defiant DSM Wiseman

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    DSM Profiles:
    glorious Galt, California
    If it has a good grip on the surface, it's okay if it's not fully cured. The oil heat will finish it up. It should be fully-skinned. Don't go poking at it, just leave it alone.
  3. luv4turbos

luv4turbos Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    Argos, Indiana
    I let mine cure for 24 hours. Why take the chance.It's only one day. Or you could have to redo it and take 2. Just my $0.02
  4. PaleDSM

PaleDSM Proven Member

Dublin, Pennsylvania
    I have used JB Weld to fix pinhole leaks in welds and stuff and it has held up to pressure in much less curing time than 15 hours. I think you will be fine.
  5. IHeartTurbo

IHeartTurbo Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    Weld, Maine
    Yeah, when I fixed mine, I only waited at the most 2 hours. But that was because I had no choice. It held up fine tho.
  6. defrag010

defrag010 Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    You can usually mix in a little bit more hardener, and it will fullly setup a few hours sooner than usual.. It won't set as quick in the cold, though.
  7. JiveMasterT

JiveMasterT Proven Member

Shrub Oak, New_York
    i used jb weld on my old gauge pod when i broke it :cry: and i let it sit until the following morning before i put it in. just let it sit, its not worth breaking it because you got impatient. 24 hours i believe is what it says on the package...