The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Quality of Megan Racing Coilovers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BayState300GT

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 22, 2008
Allston, Massachusetts
I was wondering if anybody has had a set and what their opinions are on them. Like ride quality, and how long they last. I dont want to buy something thats gonna blow out on me after 3 months.

i bought a set over a year ago and i love them the ride is a little stiff but if you tweek them you can get them to ride good they r easy to adjust... for the price you cant beat it... you can set ride height, srping preload, and 32 different levels of dampness

They blow out because people set them on full stiff, then drive around on them and then go looking for pot holes. You set them correctly, and they will be awesome. Their softest setting is equivalent to a stock strut/coil combo, full stiff will be liking welding steel rods in place of the struts. This is how guys are blowing them. You want to set them stiff enough to eliminate roll, but soft enough so you can blast over railroad tracks. These coilovers can do that.

I've had mine almost a year. There is ALOT of adjustability, as RRE says, this can be a good thing or a bad thing.

They blow out because people set them on full stiff, then drive around on them and then go looking for pot holes. You set them correctly, and they will be awesome. Their softest setting is equivalent to a stock strut/coil combo, full stiff will be liking welding steel rods in place of the struts. This is how guys are blowing them. You want to set them stiff enough to eliminate roll, but soft enough so you can blast over railroad tracks. These coilovers can do that.

I've had mine almost a year. There is ALOT of adjustability, as RRE says, this can be a good thing or a bad thing.

This is some good to know shiiit, thanks:thumb:

I purchased a set like 2 years ago and installed them like 4 months ago. When I installed them I also installed RMDSM swaybars front and rear and strut tower braces. To be honest the car rides like a dream, took me a week or so to figure the settings that eliminated the bouncyness. It is defininately nothing like a factory ride and not to harsh at all, I have the rears stiffer than the fronts and they are not even at the half way mark. I would not even consider maxing out the settings for street use. I like the fact that I can lower the car the way I wanted to, a decent drop nothing to drastic 2 fingers front 3 fingers rear. The coilovers, sway bars and strut tower braces compliment each other well. Quality is top notch also.

had a set on my 94 eclipse they were great just set them for street use and not track use and you wont blow them

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back