Quality of Megan Racing Coilovers?

Posted by BayState300GT, Mar 13, 2010
Newbie Forum - Beginner/newbie/general DSM modification questions. First mods, how to run 10's when you haven't run 12's yet, any tech question that doesn't fit in another tech forum.

1. BayState300GT

BayState300GT Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Allston, Massachusetts
    I was wondering if anybody has had a set and what their opinions are on them. Like ride quality, and how long they last. I dont want to buy something thats gonna blow out on me after 3 months.
  2. Indian

Indian Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    DSM Profiles:
    Paradise, California
  3. Garman112

Garman112 Probationary Member

Reading, Pennsylvania
    i bought a set over a year ago and i love them the ride is a little stiff but if you tweek them you can get them to ride good they r easy to adjust... for the price you cant beat it... you can set ride height, srping preload, and 32 different levels of dampness
  4. pboglio

pboglio Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Palos Heights, Illinois
    They blow out because people set them on full stiff, then drive around on them and then go looking for pot holes. You set them correctly, and they will be awesome. Their softest setting is equivalent to a stock strut/coil combo, full stiff will be liking welding steel rods in place of the struts. This is how guys are blowing them. You want to set them stiff enough to eliminate roll, but soft enough so you can blast over railroad tracks. These coilovers can do that.

I've had mine almost a year. There is ALOT of adjustability, as RRE says, this can be a good thing or a bad thing.
  5. projekt1

projekt1 Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    DSM Profiles:
    NorCal, California

This is some good to know shiiit, thanks:thumb:
  6. BayState300GT

BayState300GT Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Allston, Massachusetts
    thanks guuys i think i might just buy a set now!
  7. mitsuawd

mitsuawd Proven Member

Houston, Texas
    I purchased a set like 2 years ago and installed them like 4 months ago. When I installed them I also installed RMDSM swaybars front and rear and strut tower braces. To be honest the car rides like a dream, took me a week or so to figure the settings that eliminated the bouncyness. It is defininately nothing like a factory ride and not to harsh at all, I have the rears stiffer than the fronts and they are not even at the half way mark. I would not even consider maxing out the settings for street use. I like the fact that I can lower the car the way I wanted to, a decent drop nothing to drastic 2 fingers front 3 fingers rear. The coilovers, sway bars and strut tower braces compliment each other well. Quality is top notch also.
  8. ccwhisenhunt89

ccwhisenhunt89 Proven Member

amarillo, Texas
    had a set on my 94 eclipse they were great just set them for street use and not track use and you wont blow them