1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

putting the timing right

Posted by lugones, Sep 12, 2013

Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. lugones

lugones Probationary Member

Joined Jun 1, 2010
    Miami, Florida
    hey has any one here on Miami done the 4g64 block with 4g63 head and if so how can I make the timing work because I cant get the timing right i tried watching all you tube videos and tried what they did and no luck i really need someone who can help me do this even if i have to pay because iam to the point of junking the car iam super pist off with getting the timing right

2. DigORdieTSi

DigORdieTSi Probationary Member

Joined Jan 1, 2013
    New Baltimore, Michigan
    With the belt off, make sure the crank trigger lines up with its mark, and making sure cyl. 1 is on top dead center (TDC). Next make sure the camshaft dowels are both pointing up at 12o'clock. and the lined line up on the cam gears. If you have balance-shafts still turn the oil pump and hold it at the 12'oclock position. Let go of the gear. If it falls to the left the balance shaft is in phase, If the gear falls to the right; rotate the balance shaft 360deg. With all marks lined up I start at the crank, around the tensioner, over the cam gears. Line up the cam gear marks, place belt over and hold the belt with a couple heavy duty clips, one on each gear. then run the belt around the idler, and oil pump. Adjust the auto-tensioner and pull the tensioner pin. You should be good to go!