The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

GVR-4 Pulled head and found 2 different looking valves

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gfun

Supporting VIP
Dec 10, 2007
Ask Me, Virginia
Guy must have been into using anything that he could. Never had any difficulties with the engine...just curious what I was driving around with. The rest are 6T. Thanks.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Looks like it may have black nitride valves. Are they all black on the one side? If that is what you have then they should be better than stock.

The level of corrosion on those water passages are so severe I don't recommend reusing the head unless it's really checked out. Just to compare to my head gasket slap job your head is pretty abused

Looks like it may have black nitride valves. Are they all black on the one side? If that is what you have then they should be better than stock.

Yeah, but it is just 2 of them. Thanks for your thoughts.

The level of corrosion on those water passages are so severe I don't recommend reusing the head unless it's really checked out. Just to compare to my head gasket slap job your head is pretty abused

Thanks, I guess your post brought out a lingering question that I always had in my mind. If I took it and tossed it on one of my other vehicles wouldn't it just run the same way it did the last one and have the same life expectancy as it would have on the other vehicle? I never stopped to look at the condition of the head actually being that I have the one in the other thread handy....but now that you mention it I was ready to throw it on the Laser (if I ever get it running) and call it a day. Interesting post.

Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back