The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

PS4 vrs XB1

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'd trade Forza 4 and Gran Turismo 4 for a modernized version of Need for Speed Underground 2 in a heartbeat LOL.

While it wasn't a simulator, it still had 95% of the kind of content enthusiasts like us want as far as customization goes (ricer body kits, spinner rims and underglow excluded). Or maybe my nostalgia is getting the better of me...

Had so much fun online with that. But now I don't play any NFS. If I can't have a manual gearbox, I won't own the gane

I'll be getting a Ps4.

Game I'm most excited for? "The Crew"

Look it up if you don't know what it is.

Beat me to it!!

They should have never pulled that shit in the first place.

The biggest thing with Microsoft right now is the fact that Bill Gates no longer controls projects.

He DOES still have control over the company but has no involvement with the development of hardware and software any longer.

With the flop that was Windows 8 he came in and removed people from their positions for making it as awful as it is.

I kind of see him coming in and cleaning up the mess that they made with the Xbox 1. However he is a very rich man who has dedicated most of his life to his company and I really doubt he has spent as much time just enjoying his money as people would like to believe. So who knows what he will let his company go through.

Also lets be honest with ourselves and admit for a moment that Gran Turismo has been going downhill since 1. One was freaking awesome, for those who haven't played 2 recently there are some major flaws with the game. The difference between 200-900hp in GT2 is almost nonexistent. The game somehow is worse than 1 on so many levels, and the series get much worse from there.

Now Forza has always been a great series. Forza 1 was great, 2 was by far the best in the series, 3 was great, horizons with the DLC was a lot of fun. The things that made the later games in the series not as good as the second was simply that the default set ups on cars were just off and felt like an arcade game and not a racing sim, however this could be fixed with tuning unlike any new GT game where it is just due to terrible physics.

With that being said, I am a PC gamer and only play consoles for very very few exclusives. Maybe Halo for the story (People suck asshole at shooters on consoles and there is zero competition) and the truth is the only game I will spend very much time playing is Forza because finding a racing simulator that allows you to build and modify real world cars just does not exist on PC. But at least on PC I can get insane levels of realism and simulation if I want to feel as though I'm really driving a car.

With all the bullshit of the next generation consoles though, I doubt one or two games are going to make me run out and buy a Xbox 1 or a PS4.

Way to impede the progression of technology by bowing to the unwashed masses.

This guy gets it:
The Xbox One Just Got Way Worse, And It's Our Fault

I do agree that xbox1 is even more screwed but I'm gonna have to go against the notion that xbox games will be cheaper through a digital relicensing market.. my two reasons being that for one Walmart and Target will get pissed off, and 2 if you look at the current Digital downloads the price is still $60.

The biggest thing with Microsoft right now is the fact that Bill Gates no longer controls projects.

He DOES still have control over the company but has no involvement with the development of hardware and software any longer.

With the flop that was Windows 8 he came in and removed people from their positions for making it as awful as it is.

I kind of see him coming in and cleaning up the mess that they made with the Xbox 1. However he is a very rich man who has dedicated most of his life to his company and I really doubt he has spent as much time just enjoying his money as people would like to believe. So who knows what he will let his company go through.

Also lets be honest with ourselves and admit for a moment that Gran Turismo has been going downhill since 1. One was freaking awesome, for those who haven't played 2 recently there are some major flaws with the game. The difference between 200-900hp in GT2 is almost nonexistent. The game somehow is worse than 1 on so many levels, and the series get much worse from there.

Now Forza has always been a great series. Forza 1 was great, 2 was by far the best in the series, 3 was great, horizons with the DLC was a lot of fun. The things that made the later games in the series not as good as the second was simply that the default set ups on cars were just off and felt like an arcade game and not a racing sim, however this could be fixed with tuning unlike any new GT game where it is just due to terrible physics.

With that being said, I am a PC gamer and only play consoles for very very few exclusives. Maybe Halo for the story (People suck asshole at shooters on consoles and there is zero competition) and the truth is the only game I will spend very much time playing is Forza because finding a racing simulator that allows you to build and modify real world cars just does not exist on PC. But at least on PC I can get insane levels of realism and simulation if I want to feel as though I'm really driving a car.

With all the bullshit of the next generation consoles though, I doubt one or two games are going to make me run out and buy a Xbox 1 or a PS4.

I just think gaming consoles are limited by licensing. for example racing games have to limit the amount of damage your car will take because car manufactures are deluded into thinking we will believe that's how a real car will react in a crash. For example you are driving A Mustang and you crash and explode into a million pieces, vs a Mitsubishi Eclipse only gets a dent crashing at the same speed will somehow convince the consumer that the Eclipse is a better car in real life.. We're not stupid.

I'm not really sure if computer games are limited by the same licensing problems as game consoles but computer games will always be better than console games

= my two reasons being that for one Walmart and Target will get pissed off,=
...and Gamestop. They are a thieving bunch.

and 2 if you look at the current Digital downloads the price is still $60.
Aha, but that's due to the current climate, not the one that was being attempted as a step forward. Since all of this got squashed, we're stuck in the old mindset/methodology.

Yay out with the old and in with the... Old again LOL. You know you live in America when it's legal for Gamestop to resell games but illegal for people to sell bootleg copies of games. Lol I mean really, is there really a difference?

Yes. Licensing per copy.

Gamestop doesn't clone a licensed piece of software umpteen times. I still hate them.

I haven't owned a console (a current one anyways) since the sega genesis.
I do not intend to purchase either of these new one's either.

But man have the memes blown up since that press release..

Attachments

• 4ed.jpg
    4ed.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 09f.gif
    09f.gif
    376.8 KB · Views: 133
As the Kinect can be turned off, the whole first one is blown. ;)

A lot of good points there with the exception of comparing gran turismo 1-2 a psx game to forza an Xbox game.

No of you where referring to a-spec. A ps2 game.

Hell gt1 came out in 97

I was starting to get worried about used game restrictions too. Good thing as of the 19th Xbox dropped the used game restrictions.

As far as hardware the two systems are too identical to judge them based on just hardware and specs.
I might just get both. I'm getting the Xbox one right off the back, but I may end up getting both.

Oh and for those that haven't read this.
E3 2013: PlayStation Plus Required for PS4 Online Play - IGN

So paying for online multiplayer is not a good argument anymore.

It is when PS plus users didn't have there accounts "hacked" and it's still cheaper than Xbox gold. Plus. If your not a ps plus member l. Then you don't know about all the great / free things that you get. So yeah it's an argument. Vote goes to sony

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back