The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Prothane total kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AustinGST98

Proven Member
Nov 1, 2016
East Hampton, Connecticut
Hello all,
I am in the midst of a gsx conversion, and I believe that right now is the perfect time to install new bushings. The car is for street use, but I don't mind a stiffer feel, love my prothane motor mounts. However, some people really seem to have an issue with the prothane bushings, complaining how rough the ride is. Any experiences? was there a noticeable increase in handling or discomfort?

i used energy suspension bushings but prothane should be the same.
the stock rubber bushings absorb more of the vibrations from the road.
with poly bushings it will transfer more of the road vibrations to the rest of the car.
the ride will be rougher but nothing to complain about.
only complaint would be that the bushings squeek like a b!tch when its cold out.

i used energy suspension bushings but prothane should be the same.
the stock rubber bushings absorb more of the vibrations from the road.
with poly bushings it will transfer more of the road vibrations to the rest of the car.
the ride will be rougher but nothing to complain about.
only complaint would be that the bushings squeek like a b!tch when its cold out.
Prothane is not the same. Durometer is different.
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/eclsuspension.htm

You'll get more rattling from the interior. The car will feel stiffer and you'll tend to notice how rough the road is. It doesn't bother me too much but I could imagine a passenger not enjoying it. Even though I greased the hell out of every bushing I still have squeaking and I haven't even driven it in the cold yet.

Hahaha, the roads in CT are already awful to drive on. But I guess what I'm going to deal with is more or less what I already do with the motor mounts, not really a big deal. After dealing with a plagued fwd transmission, I'm going to go ahead and get the awd tranny rebuilt. I'm thinking of either Jack's or TRE, any experiences? Im going to be pushing slightly over 400, so I'm thinking a general overhaul, plus double-synchro'd second gear.

I just did the prothane kit, I can't really give a before and after comparison because I picked the car up with blown mounts, and with them in,the car feels way better. It does vibrate a bit at idle. I would't hesitate to do them. One of the reasons I chose polyurethane is because every mitsu I've had blows the mounts out time and time again. By going poly, I won't have to do them again.

I just did the prothane kit, I can't really give a before and after comparison because I picked the car up with blown mounts, and with them in,the car feels way better. It does vibrate a bit at idle. I would't hesitate to do them. One of the reasons I chose polyurethane is because every mitsu I've had blows the mounts out time and time again. By going poly, I won't have to do them again.
I have the motor mounts already, and I absolutely love em. I'm talking about replacing the suspension bushings tho

I see no reason to go beyond es bushings on a street car. My car is very mildly prepared and it's already a handful in cornering.

Do you still have your BS?Is this a DD? I only have poly filled mounts but once I put a motor without balance shafts in the vibrations are pretty intense at stops, any more I'd start to get annoyed. Even if you replaced the old with new rubber bushings I'm sure you'd feel a nice difference.

I do tend to get a little squeak from the passenger rear, but it wen't away. Use liberal amounts of the grease. I barely noticed a difference other than it feels smoother. No balance shafts, big cams, and loud exhausts make our cars rattle and vibrate more than solid bushings do.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back