The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

prothane bushings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just changing the drivers side mount to prothane will vibrate our cars. My sleeper has all 4 prothane mounts and I just recently changed my DD's drivers side to a prothane. Both make my cars vibrate more but I am used to it. The motor doesn't rock in the bay like before on either one so the main mount is that drivers side mount on a 1g for sure.
I am not against them at all but it will change the way your car drives/feels.

It's not so much vibrating and I expected to get a rough ride but the prothane bushings in my opinion or not engineered correctly. It was a lot of work which doesn't bother me either but after finishing all the suspension bushings having in aligned the car literally drove worse than a go-kart. Then the squeaking started in the rear so I investigated found that the bushings were bound up in bracketed position the holes where the Crush tube goes through were out of round wore out basically compromised. The crush tube has to be a little bit bigger than the actual bushings or else the bushings get sandwiched and do not rotate on the crush tube. The suspension should freely pivot up and down without the strut in. I had to take a belt sander and sand the faces of the bushing so they would not be bound up but the hole already out of round on most of them so there was play with the crush tube rocking back and forth in the bushing

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• 20180118_165949.jpg
    20180118_165949.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 29
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back