The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Project Superman: '90 Talon - building my first drag race car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superman Update

Ok guys quick update. Who says you need special tools to remove a windshield. All you need is a hammer and two size 12 feet, and a nice push. I also took off the doors and the fenders so I can do some painting. Also got my pistons; more updates coming shortly.

DSC009162.jpg

DSC009112.jpg

DSC009152.jpg

DSC009182.jpg

DSC009232.jpg

I'm impressed that after 3 years, you're still moving along with the build. I personally would have gotten bored and moved on to the project. I need to finish my builds in quick stages because of this. 3-4 months tops! LOL!

Good luck with everything and hope to see you at the track soon!

Dude you could have bought some "windshield" cutting wire at a local parts store.. Then used the complete windshield for a template for the lexan

But hey that works too.. haha

Dude you could have bought some "windshield" cutting wire at a local parts store.. Then used the complete windshield for a template for the lexan

But hey that works too.. haha

I actually bought that tool, didn't work out too well for me. No need for a template (I think). I bought molded speed glass to replace everything.

Ah ok! The stuff I bought wasn't a tool just a spool of wire. Used vice grips on each end and pulled it around haha.

Where did you buy speed glass from?

What are your plans with the front end of the car?
I'm also interested in how you plan to mount the fuel cell.
I'm in the middle of a similar, but not as serious setup.

Just read through the whole thread and man its looking good. Giving me motivation LOL!

What are your plans with the front end of the car?
I'm also interested in how you plan to mount the fuel cell.
I'm in the middle of a similar, but not as serious setup.

The front end will remain stock for now. The fuel cell is an oem fit; however, because the rear cross member was moved back to clear the diff, I have to fab one of the mounts for the fuel cell.

great thread following along can't wait to see it running, bet you can't either

Chris

It is taking a lot longer than I thought. But, when you are doing something for the first time and learning as you go, it is not easy. I am hoping to have this done soon. Still have to do body work (wish me luck), paint engine bay, paint cage, install lexan, install interior, run brake lines, install stage brake, build motor; I'll never finish this thing. But, I've had the best time of my life doing it. No regrets. DSM for life.

Superman Update

Ok guys, tried my hand at painting today. I use some dupli-color semi-gloss paint. It looks ok; not as good as I wanted. May want to go to high gloss paint, I'm not sure yet. Also, got some stiffer springs for the rear coilovers; don't want the car to squat too much. I also got my engine back from the machine shop. I put some WD40 to stop any rust; more specs and pics on that later.

DSC009272.jpg

DSC009252.jpg

DSC009302.jpg

DSC009312.jpg

DSC009362.jpg

DSC009372.jpg

DSC009192.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Superman Update

Ok guys, just a quick parts update. I picked up a slightly used Tial 44m wastegate. I had my valve cover powder coated with -10AN fittings installed. More updates coming shortly.

DSC00954s.jpg

DSC00949s.jpg

Also had JNZ tune weld AN fitting to water pipe. (more pics coming)

DSC00955s.jpg

DSC00952s.jpg

Superman Update

Hey Guys, The build goes on. Just a quick parts update. Finally got a PPG dogbox. I also picked up a GT4202R and a staging brake. I am hoping to do more work over the holiday weekend. More updates will be coming soon.

DSC00967.jpg

DSC00965.jpg

DSC00961.jpg

DSC00962.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back