The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Project Red Bull (first build help)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manny402

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 3, 2010
Omaha, Nebraska
I've spent all of last year ordering and collecting parts for my 97 gsx (parts list below). I've owned the car for about 8 years now, long story short, my transmission gave out so I put the car in storage and decided to built it from the ground up. The car is now evo 9 red, with all black 99 gsx interior. Before I post pics up I would like to know torque specs on head studs (L19 arp's), transmission to block, clutch, flywheel, turbo, and so on and so on.... This is my first build and want to do everything myself so any advice will help. My goal is 650hp on e85 I would like to keep the car street driven with full interior. Here is what I have so far...

Head:
Polished valve cover
Kiggly springs and retainers
Super tech 1mm over valves
Bronze valve guides
Fully ported and polished
Kelford 272's
Fidanza cam gears

Block:
Arp L19 head studs
Je pistons cp 9:0.1 (stock bore)
Manley turbo turbo rods
Arp main and rod bolts
Balance shaft delete
Cosmetic Mls head gasket
Note: Block is a burschur stage 3 block and I would like to add a kiggly girdle and my question is, if I purchase a girdle will it bolt rite up? Or are there certain modifications I have to do?

Drivetrain:
Shep stage 4 transmission (welded center differential)
Act 2900 6 puck sprung disc
Act flywheel
Note: I have all brand new oem bolts for the clutch and flywheel will I be ok to use them or are arp's required?

Air and fuel:
Fp hta gt3582
Red jack racing t3 manifold
Fp intake and cone
38mm tial waste gate
Magnus v3 cast intake manifold
Q45 throttle body
Tial bov
Magnus fuel rail 8an feed 6an return
Fic 1650 injectors
Full blown double pumper dual Wally's
Slow boy racing inner cooler 3.5 inch thick

Tuning:
Aem v1 standalone
Aem 5.2 map sensor
Aem uaego
Aem truboost
Speed density

This around the time I got her
ncxxt5.jpg

Body work. Also decided to shave off the antenna and rear wiper
xn9c09.jpg

2cymkns.jpg

Fresh rally red paint
2pplwfo.jpg

2r3cf0y.jpg

6en9ed.jpg

All done in the sun
10p6q6w.jpg

Turbo kit
5nr7cw.jpg

Intake mani fuel rail and injectors
wnqr7.jpg

Head and cams
1r4386.jpg

Nice :hellyeah:

May end up deciding on swapping to a different diff setup if you planned to daily drive it.

I have heard of the tire screaching problems people have with welded center diffs. on short turns but I have drag radials on stock gsx wheels so it shouldn't be a problem for me. As for the pic you see my car in that huge garage, it was there just for body work. It's back in my garage now ready for me to drop in the engine. I just need to know torque specs for arp L19's

torque 3 times to 65 then go in steps 35, 75, 105 or maybe thats h11

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back