The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Project Nicole, 2gb AWD Talon Spyder

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I was looking back through your build and saw your post about cutting part of the X-brace out for the subframe bolts. I know I read about others doing it too, but is it required to do to get to that bolt?

When I did my research I was told that's the only way. I've heard since then there is another way but I never looked into it since I had already cut my section out and had the bolt installed.

I drove her today :) I haven't smiled like that for a long time (Car related happiness LOL)
New trans shifts like butter! Car drives good, I couldn't be happier! Time to save for body and paint!
New updated pics I ended up selling my old Red 2gb talon front bumper and picking this uncut white one up from a good friend. Looks much better after we took a few hours cutting it for my FMIC. Stay Tuned!

IMG_20150215_191838_zpssjlnhyec.jpg

20150215_185642_zpsmiwxm0b6.jpg

Back end doesn't look too bad :)

20150217_172933_zpscocnuapc.jpg

Also purchased these for a steal off a vendor on Amazon. Got them in semi rough shape for 48$ shipped they are a first edition copy so this particular set only has 2 volumes but has all of the same info as the newer editions that have 3 volumes. I got them for such a deal because they were supposed to be in rough condition, which they were, they had pages unattached, the spine was falling off the majority of the pages etc. I took them to a local copy and book store and had them do what they could with them. They un glued the spine, and installed these ring spines and they turned out great! Couldn't be happier, they even made sure all the pages that were falling out were kept in order. I also had them use a clear plastic cover on the covers and back of each book as they need some protection from everything in the garage.

20150217_163007_zpsolvsgjeh.jpg

I just wanted to thank you For posting some much needed pics. Also gives me a realistic timeline. My motors at the machine shop now (6 more weeks for that), I got my Holset hx40 in the mail, picking up my AWD parts Wednesday and have everything else in boxes.

One question do you have to get a custom exhaust made or can you use a normal gsx exhaust?

Yup you can use a GSX exhaust, I did however have mine custom made mainly because my exhaust guy as a BAMF and give me really good deals.

I got it registered and licensed this past Friday, Damn it felt good to drive her around!

Now all the little things to attend to :) Gonna try and do a BLT this weekend.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back