The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Project Ally

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So. Might as well start this up.
Day 1.
I just bought the car and start driving it home. All of the sudden i hear a screeching noise and my oil pressure drops. "Oh shit". I immediately pull over into a burger king parking lot. Keep in mind this is when i was 16. Didn't know jack about car's ect. My Dad says the best thing to do is tow it.
Day 2.
It arrives at my house. We unload it and pop the hood. No noticeable damage or anything out of place. We figured if its screwed ah well. So we crank it up and the screeching is back. We are hunting for the source and we are scratching our heads. Queue our old neighbor. Walks over, looks by the pullyes and cuts a belt. Sweet silence.
Diagnoses. A/C condenser locked up. Causing the belt to squeal and knocked the Oil pressure sensor cable Loose.
Time Skip <2 month
Me n My Dad start cleaning things up and decide to paint the valve cover.
Screenshot_2019-11-01-22-32-53(1).png
As we put it on. My dad noticed a small crack. Ah well. Just as he tightens the last bolt. Tink Yup. Crack just spread. But we couldnt do anything about it. Not too bad but not a good thing either so we ignore it.
Some time later
Decide to get a new stereo system. Installed and working great.
Skip <1 Year
Been driving it for a while now and Suddenly
Metal screeching. Car tilting. Oh shit. This isn't good.
IMG_20181104_221955_734(1).jpg
Ball Joints went Bye Bye. And decided to take the axel with it
20190131_205128.jpg
Thankfully. I had taken the fenders and bumper off for a repaint. But sadly never got the chance to. The car sat for about a year. Scraping the money for a new Steering knuckle n Control arms aswell as 2 axels. I figured might as well replace both of em.
Finally i got em installed. And here we are.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back