The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Programming key fob

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterMatt209

Proven Member
Jan 17, 2015
Danville, Indiana
So I’ve got a 95 Talon TSi and I followed several instructions from this site and others on how to program a key fob to the car, I have an original key fob. But when I jump pin 1 and 4 that should set the car into programming mode but mine isn’t doing that. Anyone know why? I jump the wires, turn the car to acc and back off within 10 seconds and the locks should lock and it should be i programming mode but it just doesn’t happen

as far as i know, thats only for the 97+. give me a little and ill find it for you.

Im pretty sure there is a switch on the rf reciever , on the 95's

Last edited:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

There is a 3-position switch on it marked SET 1 - FIX - SET 2. You will find it easier to access this switch if you remove the receiver from the car body. Move the switch to either SET position (the two SET positions are in case you have two transmitters with different codes), so that the receiver will learn the new code. Press either button on the new transmitter. Move the switch back to FIX, to retain the code. Test the new remote operation - it should work.

There is a 3-position switch on it marked SET 1 - FIX - SET 2. You will find it easier to access this switch if you remove the receiver from the car body. Move the switch to either SET position (the two SET positions are in case you have two transmitters with different codes), so that the receiver will learn the new code. Press either button on the new transmitter. Move the switch back to FIX, to retain the code. Test the new remote operation - it should work.

Ah thank you very much! I will try this tomorrow hopefully it works. I must ask though how do I get to it?

Does your car have keyless entry? lock your drivers door with your key and see if the green security light comes on in the instrument panel.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back