The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Program the remote control in the visor? [Homelink home link]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gstspyder1998

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 6, 2002
San Diego, California
I just moved to Oxnard this weekend and the apartment I moved into is gated and I was wondering if I could program my remote to be able to open the gate because I was only given one remote control for the gate. Will this work???? (I don't have the booklet for the car that's why I'm not sure how to program it.)

Should work no prob. I think you have to hold down the button for couple seconds while using the remote. I have the manual in the car. I will check at lunch time to be sure.

In your manual.
I set mine up for my garage door at my house and had one heck of a time and ended up having the car manual and the garage manufacture on the phone walking me through it at the same time.
Pain in the butt, but VERY nice indeed to have verses the big black thing on your visor.

Originally posted by GSTspeedracer
In your manual.
I set mine up for my garage door at my house and had one heck of a time and ended up having the car manual and the garage manufacture on the phone walking me through it at the same time.
Pain in the butt, but VERY nice indeed to have verses the big black thing on your visor.

What's the process on getting it programmed??? When I bought the car last year it did not come with the manual that's why I'm kinda stump. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! :D

Sorry it took so long to get on guys. Had a long night and a longer day. Anyway, without further ado.........

1.) To clear the memory of all 3 buttons, hold down the outside 2 buttons until the red lights begin to flash rapidly (about 20 seconds), then release both buttons.
2.) Select, press and hold the buton you would like to program.
3.) When the indicator turns from steadily lighting to intermittent flashing, continually send a code from your hand-held, holding it about an inch from the HomeLink.
4.) When the indicator flashes rapidly, your code is stored.

Enjoy.

Originally posted by NJGSX96
Sorry it took so long to get on guys. Had a long night and a longer day. Anyway, without further ado.........

1.) To clear the memory of all 3 buttons, hold down the outside 2 buttons until the red lights begin to flash rapidly (about 20 seconds), then release both buttons.
3.) When the indicator turns from steadily lighting to intermittent flashing, continually send a code from your hand-held, holding it about an inch from the HomeLink.

Enjoy.

Highly appreciated Sir!!!! :D

Originally posted by NJGSX96

Enjoy.
Just wanted to let you know that it worked!!! Thanks again bro!!! ;)

what are you guys talking about, is it a extra feature or is it only in eclipses?

to tell you the truth i never really looked i'll have to check it out later

thanks

ya..and i still cant get the damn thing to work..

the manual says hold both of the outer buttons until the red light starts blinking rapaidly..

then it says take you garage door opener and hold one of the buttons until the intermitent little slows down or something..and push the garage door button at most 1 inch away from the button you are holding. Then the light should blink twice to show that its stored..and then it should work.

I am getting caught on step 2...i hold the button down and push the garage button right on it and it doesnt do anything. Anyone know whats up?

So after using the search I found one thread about reprogramming the Homelink remote in the driverside sun visor. But after doing what it says, it still doesn't work. I hold down the two outter buttons and wait about 20 sec. till the light starts flashing. Then I let off and press and hold the one I want to program, till it starts to flash, about 3 sec. Then while still holding the button down I press and hold my garage door opener until the light starts falshing really fast. At this point I was under the impression that it programmed, but yet it still doesn't work. Am I missing something?? Any help would be great.

BTW I don't have owners manuals so I can't just look in there.

home link wont work on a opener with "rolling codes" most newer openers use rolling codes

yea I've been having trouble with mine too...it works on the gate going up the road to my house but it doesn't work on my garage doors. So I guess were outta luck.

I was wondering if anyone knew how do you program your factory garage door opener remote on the sunvisor to your garage opener....Do you have to take it somewhere to have it done or does anyone have a book that came with their car that says how to do it?

I'm telling you from memory so I could be a little off. You press the 2 outside buttons and hold them for like 20-30 sec till the little led flashes and press the left button and hold it down and press the button on your garage remote till the light blinks and then let off the one on the visor and press it again and it should just blink once. I'm at work, so I can't just go check right now.

are you trying to make your garage door opener work inside the car or the one on the door ouside on the wall. if its the hand held one theres dipswitches inside and on the garage geneie motor theing you need to match these up. doesn't matter if there the same didits as when you bought it they just neeed to be the same on the opener and them motor thing on the ceiling

are you trying to make your garage door opener work inside the car or the one on the door ouside on the wall.

I'm trying to program the factory remote that is attached to the sunvisor of my 2G car....

I've tried 3 different suggestions from this and other forums...nothing is working for me...Here's what it's doing...
I push the buttons until it starts to blink fast...then as soon as I push 1 button to program...it starts to blink slowly before I get a chance to push the genie remote...I've tried doing this backwards (pushing the genie remote first-then the car remote)...nothing works..Even when I tried doing it the other ways that people have suggested...same thing...the light starts to blink right away before I get to push the remote...
Any suggestions now???

Also someone from another forum told me that some genie's come with a rolling code that changes the codes every so often, for security purpose's...I don't think this is the problem with mine because it's a very old genie...The brand is a Lift-Master with Code Command Control and I actually got it off someone else and I've had it myself for about 10+ years... So JMO, but I would think they didn't have those "rolling codes" back then...but I really don't know....
Any other suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?
Thanks

I've followed the exact proceedure many times to program the garage door opener on my GSX, but it never seems to work.

What I do is what is listed in the user manual, and it get the very fast blinking lights, but the door never opens/closes when I push it after that...

any help is appreciated.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back