The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Products the DSM crowd would like to see made

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a carbon fiber valve cover

ROFL I hope you're kidding. But I guess not.

A 2g hood without the budge.

Impossible.

What I'd like to see made (if possible) would be a small plastic duct piece that bolts to the top of the passenger side "hole" in the bumper (not the foglight hole but to the left of it) that we coud run ducting up to the filter...

I hope that made sense.

I like the billet style motor mount idea, but it cannot have polyurethane inserts because I put the inserts into my stock mounts on my car 2 years ago and couldn't stand them. It vibrates insanely. After about a month I had to sell them and just buy new mounts.

Another thing I would like to see even though I do not need it is an option for the 96-99 ECU's. Someone needs to hack that bastard so that 95 eeprom ecu's are not required. They are becoming too hard to find. Without an EEPROM there is nothing that can be done unless you want to drop $1500 for an AEM EMS. Back in the day when I first got into the game in 2000 there was an XS engineering ECU that had some board wired into a 97, but all that could do was make it into a TMO style chip. Something similar to that in a DSMlink style datalogging deal would be cool.

They're supposed to vibrate the car. Man up and take the vibration LOL.

Another thing I would like to see even though I do not need it is an option for the 96-99 ECU's. Someone needs to hack that bastard so that 95 eeprom ecu's are not required. They are becoming too hard to find. Without an EEPROM there is nothing that can be done unless you want to drop $1500 for an AEM EMS. Back in the day when I first got into the game in 2000 there was an XS engineering ECU that had some board wired into a 97, but all that could do was make it into a TMO style chip. Something similar to that in a DSMlink style datalogging deal would be cool.

ECU+ Tuning and Data Logging Package

HID Headlight kit for 1ga.
Removable carbon fibre sunroof

+1 For tubular control arms and crossmembers for 1g,
+1 for carbon fiber aero parts for 1ga
+1 for harness bar

Whats with all the body kit hid stuff...the OP said performance based ideas...carbon fiber is nice and light but what would HID or projector lights do unless you race around at night or something...

Id like to see some rear performance suspension pieces for the FWD 1g cars.

Specifically some nice Control Arms, and some sort of adjustable TracBar (whatever its called) So that the lowered 1g FWD cars can get the back end centered under the car instead of off to the Passenger side 1-1.5"

-Nick

What would be completely great is if someone made the complete plug and play harness to convert the '90 harness to use the 91+ EPROM ECU.

Also, if someone could honestly make the S13 front end conversion for the 1GA front, that would be awesome. (Yes, S13 like the 240sx silvias. Looks amazing!!)

customizable valve and cam gear covers (colors text etc)
debadged center grille piece
Stock like LED taillights convertion kit
carbon fiber sunroof (glass replacement)
race steering wheels with DSM logo

I just read on his website that he's no longer selling or producing these anymore. I was looking into one and found this out. Mach V may still have some lying around but, I didn't look into it.

I missed that...:coy:

That's too bad, it was a good option for those who did not have an EPROM.

Isnt HiRevPerformance making alot of the carbonfiber parts already?
Theres like a 13 page thread all about CF parts :|?

but still

+1 on the CF sunroof, latches or not.
Also a CHEAP CF hatch/lexan glass combo. THATD BE AWESOME!:rocks:

I like the billet style motor mount idea, but it cannot have polyurethane inserts because I put the inserts into my stock mounts on my car 2 years ago and couldn't stand them. It vibrates insanely. After about a month I had to sell them and just buy new mounts.

A solid piece motor mount would vibrate more than rubber inserts. Also, I have an ECU+ unit if you want to trade me for DSMLink :sneaky:

How about a set of forged front spindles with caliper mounting ears in the right position for some cheap brake upgrades? And to go with them, maybe package in some larger diameter rotors?

I'd also like to see a larger than stock bore brake master cylinder, or a retrofit kit with a larger one from another vehicle.

Also a CHEAP CF hatch/lexan glass combo.
Does anybody still make parts out of fiberglass these days?

Im in for the c/f sunroof plug with or without latches- preferably with though.

Also how about a rear sway bar for 1G fwd that will actually fit with a 3" exhaust? That would be a part I'd be extremely interested in.

Intercooler Endtanks with Flow Dividers. The design is crucial. Self explanatory.

Im not going to read through 5 pages, but I want billet aluminum engine mounts, I had my stock ones polished but I love the ones that all the honda guys have. Cooling plates are cool too.

for us guys running short route fmic i would like a cool air intake that goes from the stock 2g mas to the stock smic location and from the the sensor to the turbo and a over flow bottle relocation kit also and for us spyder guys a carbon fiber cover that covers up the back seat and makes it a 2 seater

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back