The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Power windows and sunroof stopped working

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v8s_are_slow

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 30, 2002
Panama City, Florida
So I wanted to move my car outside today so I could clean the garage but the windows wouldn't go up. Checked for power at the 30A fusible link under the hood and I have power there. So I checked the relay under the dash and 2 spots there have power. No fuse at the Blue/Black wire at the window switch. No idea why. I'm not the greatest with electrical diagnosing. Found this website that has electrical diagrams but really not what I'm even looking at. No idea where the ground wire goes from the switch to make sure it's not a ground issue. Any help please?!?!?

The 2 brown wires to the left have power. Nothing at the blue/black.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

When pulling the relay I have power at the 2 spots that the arrows are pointing to. No idea where else to check.

Took off the panel with the relay and checked the back side of it. I'm getting power to 3 wires, EXCEPT for the one I'm pointing to. Tried 3 different relays. I'm not sure why I'm not getting power to that black/blue wire if I have power at the other 3, unless maybe it's a ground wire issue but not sure where the ground wire at the window switch connects.

check fuse #8 (10A, red) and fuse #17 (20A, yellow)

If the fuses are good, i would check the main window switch. Does the right window operate when using the passenger side window switch?

Took off the panel with the relay and checked the back side of it. I'm getting power to 3 wires, EXCEPT for the one I'm pointing to. Tried 3 different relays. I'm not sure why I'm not getting power to that black/blue wire if I have power at the other 3, unless maybe it's a ground wire issue but not sure where the ground wire at the window switch connects.

try shorting the (blue/yellow) wire to ground. Doing so should activate the relay. you will only get power on the (blue/black) wire when the contact is closed (relay activated).

It was the #8 fuse. I didn't check it originally because it said "gauge". Figures. Sure appreciate it cause I was tearing everything apart trying to figure this crap out. Shew!!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back