The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Power to Transaxle Controller

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rollie73

Probationary Member
Sep 11, 2018
Sydney, NS_Canada
Hey folks,
Since I first posted....Ive been doing lots of digging and learning on my little 97 Eclipse Spyder. Ive run up against an issue now that has me a bit stumped.
I cant seem to find any power at the TCM.....the FSM says it should be 2 blue with red stripe wires coming into pin 12 and 25 on the connector but Im not getting any voltage at those points. The fuse that is supposed to feed it is ok. I would run a new wire to it for a temporary test to see if the car comes out of limp mode and actually shifts but dont want to apply voltage to the wrong spot and fry a potentially good controller.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Do you need another TCU? You can post up a WTB ad in classifieds. Or borrow one from someone as a test. :)

The ignition switch powers fuse 15 in the interior fuse block key on.
Which comes thru fuse 12/10 amp in under hood fuse block from switch initially then to fuse 15/10 amp interior.
Kind of redundant circuit protection but it is a bigger power supply circuit.

So if you don't have power at terminals 12 & 25 of TCM key on check those fuses first .
Then the power to ign switch/wiring to/from etc....

Do you need another TCU? You can post up a WTB ad in classifieds. Or borrow one from someone as a test. :)
Im pretty sure TCU is ok. Its fairly new. I just bought the car but it was obviously replaced not long before I bought it. The date is marked as Nov, 2017 on the outside of the unit by whoever installed it. The car was taken off the road just before that because of a "bad transmission"...............I suspect somebody was just throwing parts at it and didn't take the time to check the electrical.

Which comes thru fuse 12/10 amp in under hood fuse block from switch initially then to fuse 15/10 amp interior.

So if you don't have power at terminals 12 & 25 of TCM key on check those fuses first .

All the fuses are good. I went through every fuse, capacitor, diode and harness connector on this car. I am electrician and Im very thorough about that part. So I could run a temporary "testing" circuit to terminal 12 and 25 and see how the trans axle behaves then.

Thanks a million for the replys guys

Thanks a million again guys. I followed the FSM and found where the power to fuse 15 was coming from. It was fine....followed as far as I could from fuse 15 and found that it had power as far as I could get. I ended up running a couple of 18 guage wires (with inline fuse holders) direct from the ignition switch to blue with red stripe wires at terminals 12 and 25....put things back together enough for a quick test and NOW the car shifts beautifully.

The whole issue was lack of power to the TCU. Now I can move on.....wire it properly and start fixing all the little TLC issues the car needs.

Im sure I will be back with more stupid questions. LoL

Attachments

• 20180913_182620.jpg
    20180913_182620.jpg
    629.3 KB · Views: 28
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back