The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Power sunroof doesn't work

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armbar

Probationary Member
Jul 27, 2009
Rockford, Minnesota
Ok so here's my deal...my 97 Talon has a factory power sunroof, but it doesn't work. It's not as if it only cracks open and doesn't slide back or something like that. I push the button and nothing at all happens. Can't even hear the motor try to open it. Now, I've noticed that if you disconnect the passenger side window button that you can't roll it down even by pushing the button on the driver's side.

I don't know if it's connected in any way, but I'm hoping so. The rearview mirror is missing, and the plug for it is just hanging out up there. Does anyone know if that being unplugged would cut power to the sunroof controls? I'd rather not figure out how to tear apart my roof to dig around up there if it'll be easier to simply splice a couple wires together from a non-existent mirror.

Wow, nobody's even looked at this yet and it's almost to the bottom of the page. Awesome.

check your book and see if its on the same relay, or take alligator clips with a wire attached and start attaching it to shit and see if it helps, or just rip off the headliner... it will lighten your car anyway LOL

yea mine isnt working either it tilts but doesnt open and its too damm hot out here in arizona to uck with it but yea good luck with that im trying to find one so i can replace it its got some rust on it so i want one in better sape but u should try checking for power cause just cause i doent move doesnt mean its not working it might have something stuck on th etrack or something

>>Check fuse No. 8 10 amp AND No. 17 20 amp (sunroof ECU)

You need BOTH for the sunroof to operate... ODDLY, it seems like the driver's door switch may affect the sunroof's operation for some reason. :confused:

I attached the wiring diagram. I would also check the switch since it's easy to get to. Disassembling the sunroof to get to control unit seems difficult. But I could be wrong, I've never done it.

Attachments

• Sunroof.jpg
    Sunroof.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 976
  • Sunroof 2.jpg
    Sunroof 2.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 648
Wow, thanks EuroDriver! I'll definately start with the fuses since that would be the easiest fix. If not, then to the switch I go. Thanks a bunch. :)

Im having this issue and still cant find the problem. i hear the motor working the rails are greased and were working before.but the little plastic gear doesn't work it pops out. Please help

Problem fixed on my end .it was the motor for the sunroof . And as far as the plastic piece. it sits in the middle of the motor and it turns as you push the button for the sunroof to work. That got stuck open and sometimes closed but i guess its supposed to be open

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back