The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Power door lock

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWD-Tony

Proven Member
Sep 11, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hey guys! I had the p/s door panel off to fix a stuck lock cylinder...Love it when you don't need to spend money to fix something. FYI you do not need to remove the handle assembly to remove the lock cylinder. Anyway, I noticed it had a door lock actuator. It also has the module on the p/s kick panel and the board looks mint. 15 amp fuse on drivers side fuse box is also fine. There's no switch on the drivers side for lock/unlock. I was wondering if the 1g's came with a switch by the window controls for power door locks. If they didn't, does power door lock work when locking/unlocking with key. And is there anything else I can check?

Thanks, Tony!

1Gs came with a really primitive “auto door lock” so if it’s stock, when you unlock/lock the drivers door or passenger door it unlocks/locks the other door. From the inside and outside with the key.

In the factory service manual it mentions some late 94’s came with a fob but I have personally never seen it. Other then that it was also a dealer added option aftermarket.

They also never came with a switch to lock or unlock the doors. They are literally just synchronized to each other when you lock/unlock.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back