The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

post a recent picture of your car (local to nashville and surrounding areas only!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bleh. I wanted a auto driveline.

I have FWD Auto Trans, with Linkage, Shifter housing, Torque Converter. Starter, and TCU.

The Trans was rebuilt but i never got it to work I dunno anything about auto's and i prefer manual. you can have it all for 50$ LOL. otherwise its going to the scrap yard.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Finishing up intercooler install! Good to see all the local folks!

Last edited by a moderator:
dude gene...get rid of the pacesetter manifold....trust me...its a big piece of monkey fist shaped piece of crap! not hating on the car i love it! but that manifold is horrible...

if u want i have a ceramic coated black 2g manifold u can have for 10 bucks plus the 4 bolts u are using to hold the manifold to the hotside

and that filter on your head needs to be circulated man.....your just dumping oil in your bay having that filter there

that port is a pressure relief port and it circulates oil into the turbo intake....alot of people take that and make a oil catch can!! just pick up a power steering canister and use that!@

Yeah quite a bit of the stuff on the car now was already there(the pacesetter header, the breather/filter on the valve cover, non-lit boost gauge, etc...). I have lots of stuff to go through. What is so bad about the header? I know the collector isn't too great, but they're not cracked or leaking currently. I agree completely on the catch can....aren't there more lines that need to be sent to a catch can aside from that one? Thanks for the hints!

2 lines for the catch can...1 for feed to the can 1 for return to the engine

pacetters do absolutely nothing for the car but create heat in the bay....and then crack under stock boost...they are crap...its not cracked now but it will be trust me

dude gene...get rid of the pacesetter manifold....trust me...its a big piece of monkey fist shaped piece of crap! not hating on the car i love it! but that manifold is horrible...

and that filter on your head needs to be circulated man.....your just dumping oil in your bay having that filter there

Pacesetter manifold aint bad.

I had one

It's cheap and it looks good with a nice Ceramic coat.

and handled daily driving on 20 psi on a 14B by PO, and handled a 26 psi, 0-140mph pull and exploaded turbo. it forever turned purple, but it lasted.

wasn't till randy got it that it started falling apart.

and not all DSM's spit oil out of that hole. Mine doesn't, if you look in my Throttle-body, and piping its dryer then an old lady's vagina.

Oil coming out of either of the valve cover holes is blowby. Chris no thankfully, which means he has a very healthy motor :) (yes blowby is possible on N\T)

2 lines for the catch can...1 for feed to the can 1 for return to the engine

That is not proper, those 2 nozzles on the valve cover do not circulate the air between eachother, they are there as a PCV system, hence why one has a PCV valve. those 2 nozzles both lead into the intake manifold, and go back into the engine.

a well set up catch can should be set up as so

2 Lines, coming from the valve cover, that dump into the catch can from the side wall of the can. vent out to the air out of the can by adding a nozzle on top and adding a filter (a large Breather Filter will do fine, some people add 2) and where the lines originally fed into on the Intake Manifold and Intake Boot, should be plugged off.

I would also recommend using a 1 way Pressure relief valve to reduce blowby.

no prob, I honestly would just buy a Catch Can kit from like Mishimoto or something. They are pretty cheap

Uhm...What?

The upper valve from the Valve Cover (IE the Check Valve) is the only one that runs to the Intake manifold which is after the turbo. The Reason it has the check valve is so that boost from the intake cannot pass through that line which runs directly from the valve cover to the intake manifold and blow your engine to shit. If that check valve is malfunctioning then you'll have problems.

The valve on the side of the valve cover, above the Transmission, is free flowing. As that line is NEVER under pressure (IE before the boost source) there is no need for it to be checked. The Intake Snorkel sucks free-flowing air from this back into the intake system (possible metered air).

so if its purely for boost...then why does the N\t 4G63, the 4G37, and many many many other cars from many different makes that are not force inducted have this so called "Check Valve" which is purely a PCV Valve.

that would be rediculous 14b outflows a pcv valve any day :hmm:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 104
so if its purely for boost...then why does the N\t 4G63, the 4G37, and many many many other cars from many different makes that are not force inducted have this so called "Check Valve" which is purely a PCV Valve.

You take the term 'boost' out of context. So replace the word 'Boost' with 'Pressure' and you'll be able to grasp it. Why would you want 'Pressure' feeding back into your Valve Cover, which ultimately leads to your crank case? You don't. This is why we have a 'check valve' which is in line from the Manifold (Post Boost/Pressure) and a simple 'breather valve'(Pre-Boost) that is in line to the Intake Snorkel.

That valve allows pressure to evacuate from the crack case hence the term Positive Crankcase Ventilation. Air can go out, but not in. and when it does go out, it gets recirculated into the intake manifold and burned up.

Look it up in VFAQ Genius.

Is that not the point I've made a few times now? o.- And here I've been giving the benefit of the doubt by assuming you'd realize that, neglecting that if I were trying to state that if it did NOT work that way, there would be no line running from the Valve Cover to the Intake Manifold to begin with.

The Reason it has the check valve is so that boost from the intake cannot pass through that line which runs directly from the valve cover to the intake manifold and blow your engine to shit. If that check valve is malfunctioning then you'll have problems.

These posts remind me of the guy years ago that posted a pic of his new N2O system wondering why it wasn't working. He had it plumbed into the valve cover.

you said boost, which is incorrect. because alot of non force inducted engines have them too.

The main IDEA of the valve is the evacuate any Positive Crank Case pressure, and allow the engine to breathe.

what you said in your original post was that the idea of it was to prevent boost from going into the crank case, this is false. yes it has a 1 way valve so negitive pressure can not draw air into the crankcase, but its not there as a part of Force Induction because non force induction cars have them as well. the PCV System was in use before force induction was ever even theory and first appeared in the last few decades of the 19th century, when the first turbo charger wasn't even experimented with until the beginning of the 20th century, and first appeared in 190X. therefore, its purpose has nothing to do with Force inducted air otherwise known as Boost.

End of discussion

your a nub you have no idea what you are saying., stop posting. your just annoying me and other people and your stopping this thread from going back on topic.

you said boost, which is incorrect. because alot of non force inducted engines have them too.

The main IDEA of the valve is the evacuate any Positive Crank Case pressure, and allow the engine to breathe.

what you said in your original post was that the idea of it was to prevent boost from going into the crank case, this is false. yes it has a 1 way valve so negitive pressure can not draw air into the crankcase, but its not there as a part of Force Induction because non force induction cars have them as well. the PCV System was in use before force induction was ever even theory and first appeared in the last few decades of the 19th century, when the first turbo charger wasn't even experimented with until the beginning of the 20th century, and first appeared in 190X. therefore, its purpose has nothing to do with Force inducted air otherwise known as Boost.

End of discussion

your a nub you have no idea what you are saying., stop posting. your just annoying me and other people and your stopping this thread from going back on topic.

Your? It's you're Fantastic-o Lord of All Knowledge. If you're going to attempt to correct someone, you may as well utilize proper grammar while doing it.

See, the issue here is : you're fighting to be correct when you obviously have no arguement to present besides the fact that you ignorantly overlooked the fact that we're discussing such a thing in a forum dedicated to the DSM platform. Excluding that you're blowing your top and look on par with a 13 yeard old female wearing white pants to school with her first ever period, you're overlooking that most DSMers here are prodominantly owners of the 4G63T which is What? Turbo'd.

See, when you're in a duck farm, and you say "babies are born by laying eggs" you're the guy who rockets out from the sidelines and says "No! Other animals give live birth!"...which is completely ignorant considering that you're at a duck farm and the person speaking is most likely (common sense would tell you this) talking about ducks and not mammals. Though I will note that not ALL mammals give live birth, incase you didn't know that as well.

So, concluding this, I never ONCE said that Only Forced Induction Engines Utilize this check valve. I stated, in a generalized way, that OUR (Us 4G63T owners) Valve covers utilize this check valve to get pressure out and keep pressure from getting in where it's not needed. If you can't deduce this by using a clash of elementary levels of intelligence and common sense, then by all means...mouth off again. Fact is, this is all far too entertaining to me. ^^

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back