The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Possible misfire?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EazyLoc

Proven Member
Feb 19, 2014
Brooklyn, New_York
this just started today. Stopped at a red light and all of a sudden I felt the car jolt. When the jolt occurred my rpms dropped. Could this be misfire or something else?

Yeah made sort of a popping sound. Only when I was idling though like at a red light or coming into 1st. I'd just start with spark plugs and see if that solves your issue. They're cheap as I'm sure you know.

i had a problem similar i changed the sparkplugs and sparkplug wires never had the problem again

Yes it is automatic. I figured it would be the spark plugs even though I changed them maybe 3000 miles ago. I guess the oil leak made them go bad. What would cause oil leaking in to valve cover? Bad valve cover gasket?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back