The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Possible meet/hang out in Baltimore?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeah, I'm technically in Towson, but as you know that's directly north of Baltimore.

Don't know what time some of you were getting off work, or getting out of bed, or wanted to meet up. I may go back to bed (after dropping her off at Loyola) or may serf the web or watch some TV and jump in the shower. Lemme know what you wanna do. I basically have the entire day free. My girl gets out around 5pm, but anything before or after that should be fine. Will be heading back to MA tomorrow morning/afternoon sometime.

Let me know! :)

we need more meets up here....Im right off Charles St and Kennelworth ave.

There is a meet every Monday in Kingstowne, near Springfield, VA. I have a friend who is in to VW's, so mostly VW's, and there's a Subaru group that always shows up. I think it might be kinda nice to crash their party with a DSM squad....

Subscribing to see what you guys think...

Going to Miss Shirley's for breakfast. Then, back to MA after a few sight-seeing spots. Supposedly there is a place around Johns Hopkins with huge ass bunnies. We'll see if we can find rabid squirrels/chipmunks too.

I know Squirt but I havent seen him in years. I hear hes taking care of his 10 kids.ROFL
I might know you but I'm bad with remembering names/people.

75-80's too slippery for my and I'd be afraid I wouldnt stop.LOL 140-145 is pretty fast in an AWD. :thumb:
Wheel hop causing the axle issues? Street tires or drag radails?
Have you been up to 75-80 since they reopened? I only ask because I worked there last summer and I know they repaved the track 1.5-2 weeks before we opened up so the surface is at least in better shape then it used to be (with cracks, grass, etc). But I haven't raced there so I'm not sure how slippery the track is. Just curious:rocks:

Have you been up to 75-80 since they reopened? I only ask because I worked there last summer and I know they repaved the track 1.5-2 weeks before we opened up so the surface is at least in better shape then it used to be (with cracks, grass, etc). But I haven't raced there so I'm not sure how slippery the track is. Just curious:rocks:

Nope havent been since they closed.
I know people that have been but I like to stick to what I know works. I live 20 mins. from Capitol and decide to travel past that to MIR. I'll go to Capitol to hang out and test but not to try to run a number.

So back on topic. . . When can we all arrange a meet to get going? I would prefer to get a weekly meet going somewhere, nothing like a heard of DSM's traveling around ahaha.

Hey man sorry for not getting ahold of you i got sucked into test fitting the new turbo setup to get the final parts i need. I take it your back home now, If your not ill check back tonight and see whats goin on.

Just wish some people were able to get their shit together so I could meet DSMers from the mid Atlantic and you could meet someone new from New England.

This is way in the future (and possibly way, way in the future) but I may perhaps be living in the Baltimore area at some point in time. Of course, this all depends on my girl and her acceptance into Loyola's grad program. :cool:

Anyways, some of you might want to try and be a bit more organized with setting up meets. This is usually what happens with car enthusiasts who aren't procative with setting things up. It's either nothing happens after a few people show interest in a possible meet, or only a handful (if that) show up and the night ends up sucking.

Good luck to all. Perhaps I'll see ya around. :)

It's not that, it was a last minute thing, which is why it did not work. Hence why I am trying to arrange some meets together, but there dosent seem to be enough people interested.

Oh yes, the last minute meets. Those almost always never pan out. Hopefully next time then. :)

Well let's get one arranged. I am bad at planning, so I would need some help haha.

I would have shown up but a place wasn't selected to meet up in time. I'll normally take the initiative to pick somewhere local, but i don't know much about the Loch Raven area other than the diner on Jopa Rd.

For a weekly meet, if you guys agree somewhere a little south of Baltimore would work, we could meet up in the Catonsville area maybe somewhere of RT40 or a little safer LOL, would be 3-5 min further down RT40 in the Ellicot City area. Say the Superfresh Grocery store right on RT40 (southbound side) right where the exit for RT29 is. Would be easy to find and easy to get to. I doubt it would be a problem for us to be there in the back of their big parking lot, and if so, there is a Walmart and a Carmax near by we could take over as well as many other large parking lots that shouldn't be a problem as long as burnouts and stuff are left for the ride home. If you guys think this would be a decent local spot here are some directions.

From South: Take 29 North and take Exit for RT40 East (or north) and STAY IN LEFT LANE ON RT40 EXIT RAMP or you will have to make a U turn at the Roger's Ave light. Come to stop sign at Ridge Rd and make a LEFT. You will immediately come to a traffic light and you will see the Super Fresh ahead on the right.

From North: 1) Take 70 West to 29, Once on 29 get in right lane and take Exit for RT40 east (or north) Get in left lane ASAP and Super Fresh is on the left at top of the hill at the first light.

2)695 take exit for RT40 west (or south) and stay on RT40 for 4.7 miles and Super Fresh is on the right at the light just past Carmax.

Let me know what you guys think. And since i picked this place i will also pick a day and time. Monday nights (give us all something to look forward to other than a crappy day at work) at 8pm? Let me know.

BTW: Even though this is super easy to get to with these directions, for GPS users, the address is 3301 North Ridge Rd Ellicot City 21043
-Travis

It's not that, it was a last minute thing, which is why it did not work. Hence why I am trying to arrange some meets together, but there dosent seem to be enough people interested.

There is a weekly meet but is not close to you guys, its up in bel air. Once the weather breaks a little bit they will start back up, I just dont feel like standing outside and freezing.

Precisely. My fiance lives in nottingham so it isnt that far to hit up once and awhile. But definatly should get one closer together so all of us could make it.

Why don't we start off small, like a once monthly meet. Maybe one day in the first week of the month. That way, we can plan ahead, and most of us who make that 100 mile trip can prepare for it....

I think a few of you are closer to the Columbia Mall, in MD. That could be a halfway point for some of us VA and PA. guys.

Last edited:
I live in shrewsbury, pa, but am in baltimore everyday for work. So it dosent really matter LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back