The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Port and polish

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inkdlyfe

Proven Member
Feb 23, 2016
Summer feild, Florida
So I been thinking about new mods to do to this car and I came across maken my tb have bigger openings meaning intake mani to head gasket match and shave off that minor extra and then head to exhuast maken all the inlets and outlets bigger but can't really find any gains on it, is this worth actually doing on a 420a with boost or isn't worth the tiime or money to do so ? Maybe call boring not porting but I'm sure you understand

You may notice an improvement in throttle response. When I put a 1g TB on my 2g and ported the manifold to match I noticed a small difference, but to tell you the truth I wouldn't do it over again. If you think your throttle response feels sluggish do it. Don't expect any big gains. I noticed better throttle response when I put a non cruise cable in and changed from a 3.5 to 4" air filter.

Crap, I didn't read your whole thread; if you plan on porting the runners as well you may see more improvement, but from what I've read it's only beneficial in high HP setups. Not sure about a boosted 420a. It seems like a lot of work for something for little gain.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back