The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Polyeurethane mount vibration

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inthemidst

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 25, 2009
PALMDALE, California
I have. A 96 gst 6 bolt swap balance shaft eliminated and polyurethane mounts all 3 and front mount only has inserts . My steering wheel vibrates like hell when I rev past 1500 rpm it fades away.just want to know if anyone thinks this is normal car idles perfect no misfires or check engine light.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/switching-to-polyurethane-mounts.421133/

Scroll down to post #11
If you do this to your inserts should help with the vibration. There is a writeup about it but I can't seem to find a working link to it. A lot of my bookmarks no longer work since the site was changed.

What kit or method did you use to do your BSE?
Also did you have your rotating assembly balanced?
I did a BSE using STM kit and had my rotating assembly balanced and it feels just like stock. No vibrations etc.
I still have stock motor mounts though. If I switch to the inserts I will drill them out like in the post.

I got my keys to stop shaking at idle with ac on but I'm pulling 33 percent fuel my short term fuel trims show add 17 percent do you guys know if I can get some melted pistons or valves from running so lean at idle. My o2 sensor voltage reads .060 not .60????

I want to advance my intake cam one tooth on my timing belt to give me faster acceleration and more low end power my question is are their any cons to doing this?

Get your tune down first before adjusting cams. What you want to do is not just mess with advancing a tooth, I'll put a YouTube video for your cam question. As far as the mounts, if you can see out of your mirrors with poly mounts then something is wrong. I can barely use my side mirrors. I don't even bother with my rear view mirror

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back