The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Please Help me decide...keep the pc925 or relocate to trunk?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SasaniFab

Proven Member
Dec 1, 2013
Mexico, Connecticut
So before I ripped the engine out I was experiencing charging issues. My first thought was alternator but that didnt fix the problem. The issue has slowly gotten worse to the point were it began to effect my wideband. The voltage would drop below 12v momentarily and the wideband would restart and stop reading. So my car isnt wired correctly imo as it sits. Im running dual 255 pumps in the tank on 1 relay and an inline bosch on another. All of my gauges including my wideband are wired directly to the battery on an ignition source with no relays. All of this aside....shouldnt a alternator be able to supply voltage irregardless? A part of me feels like this is alot of hardware for such a small battery. I was thinking maybe relay everything and relocate to the trunk with a larger battery? What do you guys think

Get a Saturn one, or maybe a Bosch one.
I do have a saturn alternator......the voltage through dsmlink was in the 13s but the voltage at the battery was in the 14s. I have that choice if I decide to go back to it. I have 3 alternators.....2 denso automatics and one saturn. Im tempted to try the saturn alternator again. How are you guys wiring the saturn? I had the three plug? One went to the light, the other red one everyone claimed needs to go to a voltage drop source?

I do have a saturn alternator......the voltage through dsmlink was in the 13s but the voltage at the battery was in the 14s. I have that choice if I decide to go back to it. I have 3 alternators.....2 denso automatics and one saturn. Im tempted to try the saturn alternator again. How are you guys wiring the saturn? I had the three plug? One went to the light, the other red one everyone claimed needs to go to a voltage drop source?

when I wired my Saturn I only used one wire. when I had both wires from the stock plug you could hear my alternator humming very lightly so I want to say I cut the yellow/black wire (don't quote me on that its been a while since ive done this to the car LOL)and it quit. I don't have any charging issues and im running a civic battery LOL. btw when you say you have your gauges ran directly to the battery; what are you doing to turn them on?

Last edited:
So what battery are you currently running if not the Saturn? I've used two saturns (125a and a 200a) and both have delivered 14v at idle and wot with all the usual gauges. I would talk to the ecmlink guys about the discrepancy in displayed voltages. I want to say it's a grounding issue that causes link to read different?

How do u have it wired? When i had the saturn installed it was fine. The voltage remained at 14v when measured at the battery. Dsmlink said low 13?
I wired a 14 gauge wire to my battery distribution box from the "S" pin. The original black with white wire from the harness was connected to the "L" terminal.

Last edited:
I wires a 14 gauge wire to my battery distribution box from the "S" pin. The original black with white wore from the harness was connected to the "L" terminal.
I had been running a mitsu alternator, it went bad as it was the original. So I moved the alternator to the back and changed to a saturn. For all accounts it was fine. I was getting different opinions from people. I had one wiring going to the dash bulb. The red wire people claim is a sense wire and should be wired in where a voltage drop can be sensed. I then just ran a wire directly from the alternator to the fuse box in place of that split white wire.

So what battery are you currently running if not the Saturn? I've used two saturns (125a and a 200a) and both have delivered 14v at idle and wot with all the usual gauges. I would talk to the ecmlink guys about the discrepancy in displayed voltages. I want to say it's a grounding issue that causes link to read different?
I was using the 925.... i guess the real wuestion is would the car still run if the battery went bad but the alternator was good. Shouldnt the voltage still be 14v at the battery even with a bad battery?

I was using the 925.... i guess the real wuestion is would the car still run if the battery went bad but the alternator was good. Shouldnt the voltage still be 14v at the battery even with a bad battery?
Sorry, I meant alternator. If the battery is bad the voltage should be low (sub 12v usually).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back