The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Plastic/nylon bushings for shifter cable end at shifter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Founder & Zookeeper
Nov 12, 2001
Newcastle, California
So when you slide the cable over the pin there's a plastic bushing that gets stuffed in to prevent play. Then the cotter pin keeps it all together, or if you're using a short shifter, an e-clip is used. Either way you still need that small plastic/nylon bushing. Is that a dealer-only thing? Anyone have a part number? I keep finding the larger version that goes over the shifter lever pivot point, and tons of discussions about the metal bushing replacement options.

Hey buddy! Yeah there is a thread about this. I tried getting those. Described and even pointed to pictures( not very descriptive pix they have) to the dealer tech, gave part numbers from tmz and they still fudged up and ordered the trans side bushings. After i told them they were idiots. They found what i needed but it was too late for me to order cause i was moving out to canada. I talked to extreme psi about making these in brass like their trans end ones because literally NO ONE makes them. I never heard anything back though. Good luck, I'd say dealer is the best bet. Ive replaced every bushing in my linkage except the one you need as well. If you fo happen to have one custom made. Please
Pm me as i would like to get in on a set also.

Hey buddy! Yeah there is a thread about this. I tried getting those. Described and even pointed to pictures( not very descriptive pix they have) to the dealer tech, gave part numbers from tmz and they still fudged up and ordered the trans side bushings. After i told them they were idiots. They found what i needed but it was too late for me to order cause i was moving out to canada. I talked to extreme psi about making these in brass like their trans end ones because literally NO ONE makes them. I never heard anything back though. Good luck, I'd say dealer is the best bet. Ive replaced every bushing in my linkage except the one you need as well. If you fo happen to have one custom made. Please
Pm me as i would like to get in on a set also.
Funny you mention EPSI - I just asked them if they can get them, they need a part number. Still waiting to hear back from JNZ to see if they can get them. Lucky for me the bushing split in half but is still functional for now. But I don't trust it. At least when you swap to a short shifter you eliminate the 24594B bushing. This smaller one though, I can't find a replacement, and I can't see how it could possibly work well without it... too much slop.

I have the oem shifter (not short). If you make any headway let me know. Ive got too much slop too. I might have a pic from the dealer somewhere but i doubt it.

Edit: Just checked my stack of reciepts. I guess i didn't keep that one or it's back in washington in my storage unit with the parts that were non refundable :(

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back from the dead - I was looking for these! Just ordered them from JNZ.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back