The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Pioneer Radio Wire Installation Question???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toicy4ya

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 9, 2005
Bronx, New_York
I have a Pioneer Head Unit (model#DEH-P8600MP), upon reading the installation manual I read some conflicting information. The Manual reads, "When an external amp is being used be sure not to connect the blue/white lead to the amp's power terminal. Likewise, do not connect the blue/white lead to the power terminal of the auto-antenna. Such connection could cause excessive current drain and malfunction." However, the diagram to the left of it clearly show's the Blue/White lead connected to it and reads "to system control terminal of the power amp or auto antenna relay control terminal." Which is it? I'm confused?

Additionally, I'm a little confused on the yellow and red wire from the radio. My car has a "ACC Position" which wire should I connect, the Red (which reads to electric terminal controlled by ignition switch (12V DC) On/Off) or the yellow (To terminal always supplied with power regardless of ignition switch position)? Or do I connect them both? I noticed my brand new battery has been draining a little bit and I have a sneaky suspicion this might be the cause. Please get back to me.

Thanks

When I installed my Pioneer DEH-6700, I used the blue/white wire to connect to the remote turn on of the amp. I never saw any real drain issues. The red and yellow wores should both be connected. The yellow wire goes to the constant 12v source, the red to the 12v source that is only under power when the key is in the acc. position. Just out of curiosity, did you get the harness that will directly plug in to your factory radio harness? If not, you should look into it. It will make installation 100 time easier.

4G63Boosted said:
When I installed my Pioneer DEH-6700, I used the blue/white wire to connect to the remote turn on of the amp. I never saw any real drain issues. The red and yellow wores should both be connected. The yellow wire goes to the constant 12v source, the red to the 12v source that is only under power when the key is in the acc. position. Just out of curiosity, did you get the harness that will directly plug in to your factory radio harness? If not, you should look into it. It will make installation 100 time easier.

Thanks Boosted. I actually did connect it via a harness and I agree it was much easier. I'm just confirming the connections. You mentioned you connected the blue/white wire to the remote turn on, where did you connect your antenna? I mean, do you have the remote factory antenna that extract's when the radio is on?

Thanks

I dont have the factory power antenna, so I didn't have to worry about this. I just plugged the antenna signal wire in and was good to go. I hope this helps :dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back