The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Pictures of your Spark Plug covers!! [Merged 3-2022]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hey i have a question for the people who made there own i have a computerized torch welding class and i need the dimensions for the chamfer (Squared egdes) and the fillets (Round edges) im going off of my stock spark plug covers i am hopin that its gonna be one of a kind

easy answer: use some coins to help base a starting radius, ie penny or dime and just measure those diameter/2. The chamfer is as simple as a square ruler and a second ruler, measure up the sides for the dimensions. Both of which a decent guy in torch welding classes should have access to, haha. Or mock up your's (if you have one ### i dont) on some paper and use that in class with tools. i am worried though that some of these are too "flat" across the top and are squeezing the plugs down... just me? Plexiglass one would obviously see and know the difference.

i am worried though that some of these are too "flat" across the top and are squeezing the plugs down... just me? Plexiglass one would obviously see and know the difference.

It makes slight contact, but just barely. It's perfectly fine.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Just a good ole fashioned red painted EVO III with polished lettering

The illusive transparent spark plug cover. I bought one of those, could never find the bloody thing though :p

This one's mine, not yet installed though. I have quite a massive collections of spark plug covers on my garage wall.

mine need the coils i know

sparkplug coverless

Last edited by a moderator:
This is mine, obviously not the original. Came off a Hyundai Sonata, early 90s.

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 138
Here's mine. Came from a '95 Hyundai Sonata with a n/t 6-bolt. Shaved off the Hyundai logo and painted it graphite silver.

Last edited:

not in the car yet but anyhow...

its an extremepsi sparkplug cover originally mirror finish, but then powder coated wrinkle flat black.

Necrobump with my addition -

....a tad dirty oh well.

Here's mine

I recently got into CAD modeling, and when i saw this thread it sparked a project. I figured if im gonna get better in Solidworks I need practice.
So I created THIS!!!
And by this I mean the renderings attached.

I started off with a bit of help from InfiniteGSX and his post here. Unfortunately I didn't have a cover of my own so I 'borrowed' the dimensions from his first pic.
I planned on making it from either 1/4" acrylic such as what Infinite used, or 1/4" Galvanized flat-stock (hence the rendering finishes).

If you work in CAD and would like a copy of the part file, let me know and ill post it up. I figure why waste bandwidth if no-ones interested.

I am also looking to render a working model of the 4g63 for learning/tuning purposes. I dont have the funds to tear down my engine at the moment (when i do, its not going to be stock anymore)
But, if I could get some help from the community with dimensions/measurements i would greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• Spark Plug Cover.jpg
    Spark Plug Cover.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 113
  • Galvanized SPC (lq).jpg
    Galvanized SPC (lq).jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 115
I am also looking to render a working model of the 4g63 for learning/tuning purposes.

That, my friend, would be a very daunting task. Replicating cast parts is very difficult and requires a lot of guessing and even more time.

On that note, I do have a rough model of a 7 bolt piston, and a pretty detailed version of a 7 bolt rod/rod cap/bearings in SolidWorks I also have a 2g valve train (cams/springs/valves/rockers/lifters/cam gear somewhere on my computer that I made in ProE. I know another guy on here did a VERY nice job on the valve cover. I can't recall his user name.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back