The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Pictures of your Spark Plug covers!! [Merged 3-2022]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L2RTSiAWD

Honorary Moderator
20+ Year Contributor
Apr 8, 2002
Chandler, Arizona
Here's a couple pics of my valce cover and new plug wire cover.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It's translucent blue that turns, Dark blue,light blue, aqua,green depending on the sunlight. The plug cover is carbon fiber from www.carbontrix.com

wow, real nice bro. cant wait to see some engine bay pics when you get it on. any plans on one day painting your car that color (or "colors"heh)?

Well i have a rare color on the car that does the same thing. changes from light to dark blue with some green in there

I was bored and I saw the add banner thing for a Spark Plug Cover at the top of the site. I thought to my self. Hmmm. Do I have anything similar to that. I did. I had some left over mesh so I cut some cardboard out for a template. This is what came out....

Attachments

• custom spark plug cover002.jpg
    custom spark plug cover002.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,603
Everything I do is low budget. I dont know why. The only things Ive actually takin my time on is re-coating my wheels and tinting my tail lights. Im just lazy:rolleyes:

I'll give ya props on bein unique it does look low budget but add something to make it stand out or more like it belongs there.... paint it red to match your writing? An Eagle Talon emblem on it maybe? Just something extra....

props on doing it urself.. but that looks a lil tooo ghetto for something iw ould do.. i dont have a spark plug cover currently but im just looking at getting a stock oen..

Well do you like the end results, backnblack? If you do, no matter how cheap it looks, keep it song long as you are pleased.

It's not to bad for something homemade.

I personally have the blinging carbon fiber plug cover :D

I like it for now. It is low budget and I was just bored. Since Im going to paint my valve cover a high gloss black. Pollish the words. And paint the mesh spark plug cover silver. Thats my plan. And that should look real nice and professional.:thumb:

I remember seeing a "vented" spark plug cover (chrome) similar to the one in the opening for Need for Speed: Underground for the 4G63 but can't seem to find it again. It's an aluminum spark plug cover that has diagonal slits/vents in it. Anyone know where I can get one?

I've quoted RRE's site below ... you may draw your own conclusions.

We had always preferred to just leave the cover off to let any heat out. Our CNC machined thick aluminum cover is vented to let out heat but still give a nice custom look.

Road Race Engineering

Shoot, the idea sold me! Thanks.

Mine is all cracked, looks real bad. I have only been able to find one chrome one. But there hasto be more out there. can someone show me picks or links to sites that sell different ones? Thanks

Hello

I just ordered one from carbonwerks.com Really nice looking CF one to go with my freshly paint valve cover :thumb:

Should i put a clear coat on this...someone told me it would just chip off...what should i do...the paint is good up to 900 degrees it's used for brake calipers...

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,493
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,476
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,469
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,454
If you want you can put high temp clear coat on it.
Aslong as you prepped the cover good before painting it wont chip off.
The cover gets warm, but not smoking hot, so you really dont need to use high temp paint.

..i didnt chose to use high temp paint it just so happend that the only red paint i had was the kinda i used on my calipers...as for the black lettering...i think i shoulda painted the lettering first and then taped it off..n then painted the rest of the cover...i probably didnt even need to paint the letters i coulda just taped it off from the beginning ....oh we..might just get an aftermaket cover later on or not even have a cover...anyway....do u guys think i need clear coat or no???? the only preping i did was taking some steel wool to it before i painted it...coudnt find any sand paper but it did the job...

i think i do need something...its been 24 hours since a sprayed it and the paint is still kind of soft..its not comin off but if u push down hard on it it would probably leave a mark....should it get real hard after another 24 hours or do i need to put something over the paint to make it hard?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back