The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Pictures of wheel setups!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

15x8 0 (zero) offset (4.5" backspace) stick out 1.5 - 2" past the fender (1g)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    294.8 KB · Views: 354
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    459.8 KB · Views: 309
Glad to see everyone jumping in here and posting up their setups. I hate it when useful threads, that should constantly be updated by members goes dead.

In saying that I want this groups opinion on the following wheel. Another member on here 95talongirl has a pretty in depth build thread on tuners. Here is her build thread.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/trboblu-1995-eagle-talon-tsi-awd.458225/page-5

While reading through it I noticed she runs a pretty cool wheel called Motegi Tracklites. (See pics below) She is running a 16x8 or 9" wheel with a beefy tire. As a drag tire these would be pretty nice or a set of Rota Slips. Anyways as I continued to browse Motegi site I noticed they made a Tracklite 2 piece wheels.

What do you guys think of it?

Here are the current sizes. What would you guys recommend.
http://www.motegiracing.com/wheelSpecs/2041/12/4452/mr221-traklite-2-piece

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Traklite 1 piece.

Adding more pics here so people can have more options/Knowledge.

** Correction** The following size 17x9 +35 is being used a decent amount within the DSM community. Depending on your DROP, suspension setup, and tire. Be prepared to make adjustments as needed to function properly.

Enkei Rpf1s 18x10.5 wrapped in Hankook RS3 265/35/18
Ebay Flares.

Source
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/first-time-ive-seen-fender-flares-on-a-2g.444618/
Post #40
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/first-time-ive-seen-fender-flares-on-a-2g.444618/page-2

Wheel Specs not confirmed.
Enkei RPF1 17x9 +35 (Do not quote me)***

Source
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/i-...at-offset-and-wheel-size-should-i-run.490831/

Last edited:
Most of the other members on here are stating that a 17x9 +35 is a great wheel size for the dsm. Fits good and still allows for meaty tire options without rolling the rear.

17x9 +35 with meaty tires does not fit perfect, especially in the rear. You need a few things to get this to work right: some wheel gap, stiff suspension, fender rolling, and negative camber.

Both my 18's and 17's are 9 wide +35. I have a good inch and a half gap in the rear, 350lb rear springs, and run just over -2 degrees of rear camber. Any less than either of those and I rub when autocrossing. The only time I rub on the street is with deep humps in the road.

The fronts are easier to fit. But, my setup is a bit different up front. I run -3 camber and my brake rotor hats push the wheels out a bit increasing front track. If I run less than -2.5 camber, they too would rub.

If you keep the tires to a max width of 245, i feel a 17x9 +38 would fit much better. But thats more or less a custom size and probably would not fit on 2ga cars.

17x9 +35 with meaty tires does not fit perfect, especially in the rear. You need a few things to get this to work right: some wheel gap, stiff suspension, fender rolling, and negative camber.

Both my 18's and 17's are 9 wide +35. I have a good inch and a half gap in the rear, 350lb rear springs, and run just over -2 degrees of rear camber. Any less than either of those and I rub when autocrossing. The only time I rub on the street is with deep humps in the road.

The fronts are easier to fit. But, my setup is a bit different up front. I run -3 camber and my brake rotor hats push the wheels out a bit increasing front track. If I run less than -2.5 camber, they too would rub.

If you keep the tires to a max width of 245, i feel a 17x9 +38 would fit much better. But thats more or less a custom size and probably would not fit on 2ga cars.

I appreciate your input. But when you quoted me you left out a part where I said "Modest suspension Drop". This isn't to say that you are incorrect but yes a couple things will factor into that size and setup like you said. But the majority of the community has had success with those dimensions. If you drop down 2.5" have a bad rate setup and don't correct camber. Yea i could see rubbing issues in the rear.

This is good info for everyone.

I appreciate your input. But when you quoted me you left out a part where I said "Modest suspension Drop". This isn't to say that you are incorrect but yes a couple things will factor into that size and setup like you said. But the majority of the community has had success with those dimensions. If you drop down 2.5" have a bad rate setup and don't correct camber. Yea i could see rubbing issues in the rear.

This is good info for everyone.

Define "moddest suspension drop". I am trying to point out good info as I feel that most people are bending the truth when they post. I understand its ok to rub a bit on the street, but that doesn't mean it "fits perfect". My rear gap is higher than say my brother's with his koni/eibach setup. If he ran my wheels/tires, he wouldn't be able to drive the thing. And most coilover options out there for DSM's are not stiff enough to keep tires off the fenders.

The camber I run is out of necessity for autocross. (Wear on the outside edge of tires) Otherwise I wouldn't waste my time on 9 inch wide wheels. 17(or 18)x8 +38 (evo wheel size) and 235 wide tires is about as wide as I go for a non-competitive street car and have no worries for rubbing or fitment outside of a quick rear roll of the fender lip.

Define "moddest suspension drop". I am trying to point out good info as I feel that most people are bending the truth when they post. I understand its ok to rub a bit on the street, but that doesn't mean it "fits perfect". My rear gap is higher than say my brother's with his koni/eibach setup. If he ran my wheels/tires, he wouldn't be able to drive the thing. And most coilover options out there for DSM's are not stiff enough to keep tires off the fenders.

The camber I run is out of necessity for autocross. (Wear on the outside edge of tires) Otherwise I wouldn't waste my time on 9 inch wide wheels. 17(or 18)x8 +38 (evo wheel size) and 235 wide tires is about as wide as I go for a non-competitive street car and have no worries for rubbing or fitment outside of a quick rear roll of the fender lip.

Well I never used the words "Fits perfect" don't believe thee is such a thing. Modest can be interpreted many ways tho. Definition (relatively moderate, limited, or small) I was using it in a way to say if you are looking for low stance then, you will need to be prepared to deal with the results of that want/need. If its a fairly limited drop to none at all. Because most people on here are still using stock suspension to a basic spring on strut combo. You should be okay. As a street setup I think the size is good. I would have no issues running it on my old 97 setup. And how my current 99 on Teins I could say the samething. I would correct rear camber however. Im just compiling info in one place for people to use. I'll fix the wording as you cited it as wrong.

Everyone's opinion is welcome.

But BlackTSIAWD.

You seem to have a lot of experience with tire and oufsets. Why not lend me a helping hand.

Looking at this two piece wheels What size would you say would be optimal for street duty.

Last edited:
Well I never used the words "Fits perfect" don't believe thee is such a thing. Modest can be interpreted many ways tho. Definition (relatively moderate, limited, or small) I was using it in a way to say if you are looking for low stance then, you will need to be prepared to deal with the results of that want/need. If its a fairly limited drop to none at all. Because most people on here are still using stock suspension to a basic spring on strut combo. You should be okay. As a street setup I think the size is good. I would have no issues running it on my old 97 setup. And how my current 99 on Teins I could say the samething. I would correct rear camber however. Im just compiling info in one place for people to use. I'll fix the wording as you cited it as wrong.

Everyone's opinion is welcome.

But BlackTSIAWD.

You seem to have a lot of experience with tire and oufsets. Why not lend me a helping hand.

Looking at this two piece wheels What size would you say would be optimal for street duty.

8 inch i would go with +40 offset

9 inch, +38

This is pending youre not going with super wide tires.

How much do you want to poke? 255 is wide for a Dsm. 295 is outragous and will require flares.

hahah I would honestly want a small poke. But honestly it dosent really matter. What I need to focuse on is my Rolling dragging racing tire setup.

I was thinking Rota Slips 15x9 +40? Tire would be a 26x9? im new to the slick tire game.

hahah I would honestly want a small poke. But honestly it dosent really matter. What I need to focuse on is my Rolling dragging racing tire setup.

I was thinking Rota Slips 15x9 +40? Tire would be a 26x9? im new to the slick tire game.

Yes, you don't need such a wide wheel for drag racing tires. You need a fat sidewall and soft rubber. LOL

I would get the lightest 15x7 wheel I can afford.

Take notes people, this is wheel gap done right.

Take notes people, this is wheel gap done right.

Not sure what you mean. Looks like he is on stock suspension. For a non-competitive street car, it looks abnormally high. My autocross car isn't even that high. (Although I have PV's lower control arms.) Lowering the center of gravity is a good thing.

I emailed Motegi about their trak lite 2 wheels for DSM fitment. I just used standard EVO spec's (17x8, +38mm offset, 67.1mm hub center bore, 5x114.3mm (4.5") bolt pattern, for the simple fact we all know EVO wheels fit 1g and 2g. Who knows, maybe it'll be a shelf stocking part number one day.. I'll post their reply here.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back