The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Pics. KIGGLY kit ISSUES

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Let me see what I can find out for you, because I have never worked with an auto 6 bolt. Give me a few minutes. I have CAPS so I am sure I can find the part number.

oh man this sucks. Well do your magic man

I have no idea. Thus I will not relinquish mine LOL I gave my last one to a guy wanting the stock flexplate and the auto transfercase. I'm not letting any more go since my 5speed is on it's last leg anyhow ROFL.

But you know your problem anyhow. I'm sure SOMEONE can help get you one. Sorry it took so long to figure it out :(

well it is my luck. This is my 10th dsm and all of which have issues LOL. Just sucks this one I bought and it had MASSIVE crankwalk. The shop said it was .40 bore and .20 crank and the thrust bearings were shot. That crank clicked back and forth with a good 1/4 play

thus the 6 bolt swap time

dont know if there are dowl pins on what your workin on but i had a problem with the tranny not sitting flush on the engine block tried for a whole day to get it to line up, ended up bein that there was a dowl pin in the engine and a dowl pin in the tranny in the same spot..... ###### not whats wrong but just had to write that down LOL good luck man

my local dsm shop might have some laying around, I will look, if it costs less than $10 to ship I will help you out.

I'm just going to agree here that you need that spacer plate. If nobody local comes through quickly let me know and I can ship one out to you. I'm pretty sure I have a couple laying around.

After that it's going to be trial and error again, you definately have the plate fitted the correct way now though.

I'm just going to agree here that you need that spacer plate. If nobody local comes through quickly let me know and I can ship one out to you. I'm pretty sure I have a couple laying around.

After that it's going to be trial and error again, you definately have the plate fitted the correct way now though.

The washer space plate is NOT needed. Kevin From Kiggly called me and explained it all over the phone. They will be updating their site, now to prevent future problems or concerns. Great service by our Vendor if I must say.

Going to flip that pilot bushing around and check for burrs or flaws.

Thanks everyone/ and Kiggly Racing for great customer service.

Will keep all posted and up to date on what happens when I flip that around :hellyeah:

Is this a USDM trans? Or a "JDM" one??? Judging by the convertor size it looks to be a JDM Trans and that is completely different then the USDM trans. The bellhousing, Convertor, plate, starter, Intermediate shaft are all completely different then the USDM versions and the kiggly plate will NOT work with it...

But that's my guess as to your issue...

Is this a USDM trans? Or a "JDM" one??? Judging by the convertor size it looks to be a JDM Trans and that is completely different then the USDM trans. The bellhousing, Convertor, plate, starter, Intermediate shaft are all completely different then the USDM versions and the kiggly plate will NOT work with it...

HUH :confused:. No bro my stuff isnt JDM LOL its factory. We are thinking the issue is the pilot bushing is backwards :pray:

JDM? What car would that be out of?

HUH :confused:. No bro my stuff isnt JDM LOL its factory. We are thinking the issue is the pilot bushing is backwards :pray:

I didnt think a spacer would be the fix. that would only bring the bolt heads out more and would probably create another issue for you.. Anyways. Life is a bi*** but the end result is always better for all of your hard work and effort.

Hey guys im doing the exact same thing right now here
Do you have to use the adapter plate in conjunction with the old plate ???

i want to get this together soon
just leave your opinion

Last edited:
Hey guys im doing the exact same thing right now here
Do you have to use the adapter plate in conjunction with the old plate ???

i want to get this together soon
just leave your opinion

WHAT? I didnt understand your question

You have to use the Kiggly 6 bolt tranny kit. Theres no other way around it.

WHAT? I didnt understand your question

You have to use the Kiggly 6 bolt tranny kit. Theres no other way around it.

Yes thats exactly what im doing my question was if i still have to use the plate the one that goes between bell housing and engine he one that has a hole for the starter
also you know the adapter plate how thick it is i was thinking that we prob have to modify the starter because now its gonna sit farther from the torque converter that before
Did you finish yours ???

Yes thats exactly what im doing my question was if i still have to use the plate the one that goes between bell housing and engine he one that has a hole for the starter
also you know the adapter plate how thick it is i was thinking that we prob have to modify the starter because now its gonna sit farther from the torque converter that before
Did you finish yours ???

Yes you need the whole kit, including your stock 7 bolt starter plate thingy. I have not been back out to work on my car. I work too damn much

Well just got home from work put locktite in the flexplate bolts and its ready to go in tomorrow and the pilot bushing goes with the grove side facing the torque converter you will notice that the flexplate bolts hold it in place

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The orange in this picture indicates where the spacer we are referring to goes. It looks like it is not a kit piece, so it may utilize a stock spacer, probably not used on a 7 bolt, which is why it seems you don't have it.

I'm working with this same kit right now actually. So from what I'm gathering here is that the bolts that hold the flexplate to the crank are too long? And that's why this spacer is needed?

I'm working with this same kit right now actually. So from what I'm gathering here is that the bolts that hold the flexplate to the crank are too long? And that's why this spacer is needed?

you are using flywheel bolts the flexplate bolts are fine i used the ones of my 7 bolt

ok erin from kiggly racing send me this it was very helpfull my engine is in as we speak
On pink is the pilot bushing and the flexplate bolts extend a little into the groove to hold it in place after you are done tighten them it should still move freely

Attachments

• kiggly1.jpg
    kiggly1.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 279
Why did I not see this part in your picture after the plate was insalled???

Attachments

• 6-bolt_in_a_2g_kit-large2.JPG
    6-bolt_in_a_2g_kit-large2.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 414
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back